Support

Open search

Samsung s9 android Pie Update Problems

Apprentice

Workarounds so far;

1. Gboard replace stock keyboard-Now i can type!
  2. Unauthorised a ton of bloatware permissions and suppressed that abortion of a thing  'Bixby' to the best of my ability. That's just to get android auto to start. its still not functioning correctly.

I am demanding my money back now, this is not the same product I purchased! Its a Brick.

Apprentice

Jeff releasing security patches are necessary, I agree but changing the ui wholesale, so it becomes something totally different and does not resemble the originally purchased product is indefensible. As a matter of fact when Sony stopped a second os from being installed on ps3 as per the original purchase, they came under sustained attack and then were hacked. It proved to be a major problem for them and people voted with their feet never to return to the product/brand again. There was also a successful class action bought against Sony, look up "Other os settlement".

My argument is in principal the same, after the update is not a phone I would have purchased so either roll it back to my original ui or give me my money back. 

Explorer

Totally agreed, @AntS . Apologies.

--Jeff

Apprentice

may I ask who you are ? I dont see anyone replying to anyones concerns here .. do you work for this garbage company Samsung. how about you contact Samsung about the 8 pages of posts talking about the update ... plz if you dont have answers pls shut up

Explorer

@ozwaldtjustice wrote:

Jeff releasing security patches are necessary, I agree but changing the ui wholesale, so it becomes something totally different and does not resemble the originally purchased product is indefensible. As a matter of fact when Sony stopped a second os from being installed on ps3 as per the original purchase, they came under sustained attack and then were hacked. It proved to be a major problem for them and people voted with their feet never to return to the product/brand again. There was also a successful class action bought against Sony, look up "Other os settlement".

My argument is in principal the same, after the update is not a phone I would have purchased so either roll it back to my original ui or give me my money back. 

Yes, agreed on the UI part. I did not like it either, and agree that this kind of UI change should have been left to another (new) device, not one you bought as it was (not sure this gets translated properly ?). I did not bother much about the UI, my phone being unusable as it is. I figured that I could work around that, somehow, but never got that far.

UIs can be customized if we think they're ugly It is an annoyance, but it should have been left to another product, you don't yank your customers' chains like that without a good reason, like, everyone agreeing that the former user experience was awful, or something. Not the case here.

--Jeff

AntS Moderator

Hi @mrcarismo.

All of the Moderators work for Samsung. I’m the Samsung UK & Ireland Community Lead. You can find out a little more about me in the first post of "The Introduce Yourself Thread" here. Like the rest of the Moderators and Community Team, I'm here to help and inform, as well as to enforce the Community rules.

The Moderators here have responded on several One UI/Pie threads: feedback on One UI/Pie is best submitted through the Samsung Members app or Samsung+ app, as the feedback from those goes directly to the relevant software team.

I've reported back on the One UI/Pie sentiment and key issues you guys have raised throughout the entire Samsung UK & Ireland Community though.

I’ve also noticed that more than a few of you are from overseas, so it may be worth mentioning that whilst we’re happy to have you here, this forum is only supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team. For those of you in North America, there’s a US Community forum too, if you want to make our colleagues over there aware of your thoughts on One UI/Pie, or to get advice and support that’s more relevant to your local area.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

@AntS wrote:

Hi @mrcarismo.

All of the Moderators work for Samsung. I’m the Samsung UK & Ireland Community Lead. You can find out a little more about me in the first post of "The Introduce Yourself Thread" here. Like the rest of the Moderators and Community Team, I'm here to help and inform, as well as to enforce the Community rules.

The Moderators here have responded on several One UI/Pie threads: feedback on One UI/Pie is best submitted through the Samsung Members app or Samsung+ app, as the feedback from those goes directly to the relevant software team.

I've reported back on the One UI/Pie sentiment and key issues you guys have raised throughout the entire Samsung UK & Ireland Community though.

I’ve also noticed that more than a few of you are from overseas, so it may be worth mentioning that whilst we’re happy to have you here, this forum is only supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team. For those of you in North America, there’s a US Community forum too, if you want to make our colleagues over there aware of your thoughts on One UI/Pie, or to get advice and support that’s more relevant to your local area.

@AntS, regarding your comment/advice about moving to the US forums, I was aware that I was on the European Community, but... your area is the first one that popped up with mentions of this issue on Google .

Besides localization or legalistic issues, AFAIK the software should be the same regardless of the region we're in, no ? In any case I'll keep an eye on this Community whilst lurking on the US one; no need for me to rant away (again) out there.

Regards,

--Jeff

AntS Moderator

@jfgratton : No worries – we’re 100% cool with having you guys here.

It’s as much of an impact measurement thing as providing appropriate support.  Despite what I've reported back, there may be a temptation by some to think that this is a local rather than broader matter - and act accordingly; and I don't want the voices of those from other places to be any less or go unheard by the folks looking after the areas where they’re based.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

@AntS you've mentionned earlier that you report back on the various interventions here to software devs (I'm assuming JIRA or any other ticketing system you might be using at Samsung). Are you able to see if our concerns have been viewed, or any reaction whatsoever on the dev/triaging side of things ? Just enough to see that our concerns have been noticed by people.

I'm realist enough not to expect an ETA on any fix. I'd assume that Samsung wouldn't want to get burned with a faulty fix so QA would be TIGHT.

--Jeff

Voyager

As I said, the only comments I recieved from Samsung was "that is the way it is" , I have the date, TOD, before and afters. I am looking into getting their attention by filing both a small claims, and also criminal malicious mischief charges. The cost to file in Clark county washington district court is minimal, however the cost to Samsung to defend itself will be considerable.  My hope is that I can make it a class action and get others, even globally, to jump in.  THe $ range for setting the classification is such that it would be a Class II felony, that is if it were only me involved. The classification in the State of Washington is $750-$5000 for class II. If others jump in the overall $ figure jumps and it would most likely jump to a Frist degree.  It would rest ultimately on the motion and argument set before the judge in the complaint/filing.

Here is a brief description: https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/malicious-mischief-Washington-State

Top Liked Authors