Support

Open search

Samsung s9 android Pie Update Problems

Voyager

I want a return authorization so I can bring it back for a refund.  I agree totally! If I wanted a Fisher-Price play toy I would have gone to Walmart.  This is now not the phone I tried out and purchased at the store. Changing it after a customer buys it is CRIMINAL!!  Someone needs to start a civil lawsuit against Samsung for  malicious mischief and criminal damage. Destroying someones personal property  is a crime.  They need to put it back the way it was when I spent $1100.00 on it!!

Explorer

I strongly disagree here.

Whatever the operating system you run you computers on, don't you agree that you should accept security and/or software updates sent by the OS builder or whatever stands for that ?

If we pursue your line of reasoning, let us say that your infected computer (.. let's make it more ironic: your phone) damages any of my devices here by being part of a distributed attack, or any means of attack *because* you did not want your device to be updated, wouldn't I then be right to sue you (...provided I can trace you back) as being part of the damage) ?

Security and software updates are parts of the game. I cringe each and everytime I receive one, whatever the source (be it RedHat, Ubuntu, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, you name it). History is long with botched updates, I agree.

--Jeff

Apprentice

well Jeff your an ***** and deserve the pos update that samsung is using to push older model phone owners to purchase the new Samsung 10 .. We are talking about a cell phone not computers ... If you want to talk about computers its like using a windows computer and one day they update it into an apple computer ... which the windows user completly hates . but it still has nothing to do with the new ***** update ... Why would you release a new update that changes the most simple things that people enjoy... the ***** text message icon ...why change the look ?... The battery is really ***** now 

. losing 8 hrs of battery stand by time.. apps crashing .. things not working ... all of these things use to work before .... samsung customer service .... sucks .... contacted them 2 weeks ago and let them know the next day after the update my phone has all these issues... was told I would recd a call back in 2 business days... sent follow up emails to their email support ... got one reply .. than nothing after that ... eventually my emails were rejected by samsung .. called their Philippine customer service many times ...told everytime I would be contacted after being told theirs nothing they can do .. and the update cant be reversed and 2 weeks later the supervisor dept hasnt called me. Pretty much told me to ***** off pretty much ... thank god rogers sent me a new phone with out the update and i got my old phone back which is my fav phone I ever owned ... thank god I dont have that pos phone with the new update... writing this comment on my 2 nd day of usage with 20% battery left ... thats how the old update and samsung s9 works ... so please dont listen to Jeff who prob works for Samsung or the ***** who released the update ... sounda like a computer programer nerd 

Explorer

You're entitled to your opinion, insults and all (actually the first insult I see in the whole thread. Congrats).

Do you really think Vxers care about the platform (device, computer, whatever) you're using ? They find an exploit ? They exploit it. I deliberately leave my device (again : whatever the device IS) open to exploitation then I deserve to be sued my pants off, that's it, that's ALL.

I'm not saying what Samsung did is OK (oh right, me working for a manufacturer.. insults are cheap to profer, I guess). I've never said so, read my previous posts and see how p*ssed I was -and still am. What I ACTUALLY AM SAYING IS THIS:

- I disagree with any class action or whatever that might be made *against updates* (read the post I was responding to: the user was saying: suing to have his/her device as is -before updates); this is inane; not to mention that there must be some license we clicked on that says that we agree on modifications, etc etc.. I'm sure Samsung covered their collective ass*es there. You have a responsibility to have your device secured against malware, not only because you do not wish to be held responsible for any damage to anyone else's devices, but hey.. waddayaknow, that new kernel exploit that sucked out all of your banking info, or whatnot just clobbered your own device that you did not bother to update. Oh sweet irony.

Now... I've made my point, in a respectful way. If you still want to keep flame-war your way around this, and be the first and only one here to do so, flame away, I'm done responding to this such rants. I'll let others judge this.

-- Jeff

Apprentice

sorry Jeff did I say computer programer nerd Im sorry but I meant to say ambulance chaser... and you my friend with be the only one that gets that .... cuz you know who you are .... and so do I by reading your response and your propper English and grammar which did really well for your career but when it actually comes to a social setting you can only carry a conversation about yourself since you really love to hear yourself talk and im surprised you actually took the time to reply to a peasant like my self and all the other normal people who just got screwed over by samsung and my wife who is a lawyer was going to sue samsung in smalls claim court which can be done by any individual since no one is safe from being sued and every one has to defend the action .. so go ahead and issue the small claims matter for $75 and have the papers served on Samsung in person at their local office and have Samsung pay a lawyer prob $300 to $500 dollars an hour to show up to defend the matter which they prob wont and cave in to any demands you make in your statement of claim... 

Explorer

Ho I'm not being insulted for being called a programmer. That's what I am, so what's to be insulted about ? I'm in AI, where all the fun is, so what would be the insult, really. If I need to point out where you are insulting, I'm not the one who needs help.

Thanks for my proper grammar and all, being French-Canadian I guess I should feel flattered even while you did not mean it as flattery.

Yeah, I've replied a lot. Most of those if not all were in trying to be helpful in some way or other. If you feel I did that only to speak about myself, well.. not much I can do to change your opinion, nor would I bother to. Try as you might, insults and barbs do not get under my skin; again, people will judge this conversation at face value and have their opinion.

About serving Samsung papers, I dunno.. I'm sure their license agreement covered them, whatever your wife says, no disrepect meant. I did not bother reading it all, did you ? Does anyone ?

Yeah, as satisfying as it'd be to see them spend $$$$ on lawyers, I'm sure they have tons of lawyers on their payroll, being paid regardless of what they're being served with, so it's kinda moot. Might work, tho !

The thing with this update, is that I have friends with S9+ at the same carrier as I am, and they have no issue whatsoever. I guess that's what makes Samsung reluctant to admit to anything, and the whole situation so daming.

Anyhow...this is getting stale. I'll just await new developments --which I do not count on ! -- from Samsung. Disappointment is a huge understatement.

--Jeff

@mrcarismo wrote:

sorry Jeff did I say computer programer nerd Im sorry but I meant to say ambulance chaser... and you my friend with be the only one that gets that .... cuz you know who you are .... and so do I by reading your response and your propper English and grammar which did really well for your career but when it actually comes to a social setting you can only carry a conversation about yourself since you really love to hear yourself talk and im surprised you actually took the time to reply to a peasant like my self and all the other normal people who just got screwed over by samsung and my wife who is a lawyer was going to sue samsung in smalls claim court which can be done by any individual since no one is safe from being sued and every one has to defend the action .. so go ahead and issue the small claims matter for $75 and have the papers served on Samsung in person at their local office and have Samsung pay a lawyer prob $300 to $500 dollars an hour to show up to defend the matter which they prob wont and cave in to any demands you make in your statement of claim... 

Voyager

I would like to communicate with you more concerning a possible class action suit. I am going to put a motion together

Voyager

Share with me what you're wife's complaint is going to state  then I will follow with the same  

First Poster

SUCCESS Story  ... Turned out to be a LIE ...

replying to the SUCCESS Story earlier I posted ... After one week of updating my phone with a factory reset, apparently I never rebooted my phone since. During this week my S9+ was working like a charm and I had no problems with it.  Today I had to reboot and things went back to the same old way (borken apps, network issues...) after the major update to Andriod 9.0 (Pie). 

I received a minor update today from on my phone and I was hoping some of the bugs are resolved, but apparently NOT ... Ohhh Samsung, Give me a break. I never thought I would go back to my S7, but I have to now.

Frustrated Samsung Customer!!

AntS Moderator

Just a quick post to say please keep the issues/hate/insults to OneUI/Pie rather than with each other, folks.

Someone might have a different take or insight into things, but that doesn’t mean that they’re not on your side, or don't have something worth listening to.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors