Support

Open search

Samsung s9 android Pie Update Problems

Explorer

I have a question for everyone; has anyone read the contracts we entered into when we purchased or phones? It just occured to me that there could be a clause in it that gives them immunity.

Explorer

MrCarismo

Explorer

Jeff,

Sadly I did not get a number to follow this. I forgot due to the RED I was looking through at the time.

AntS Moderator

@jfgratton : The reporting I do is for the Community Management (and whoever they wish to share that with at our end). It's more of a higher-level report to help them understand the situation, highlighting key points and trends, sentiment, and scale of the feedback provided on the Community. I'm unable to track any specific cases or responses to them at our end -  but any news/updates I can share relating to the One UI/Pie feedback you guys have provided, I will.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

this forum is a big fraud ...  The issues were reported back in November of 2018 about the update issues and 6 months later and 9 pages later filled with customers complaining about the same issues and if you were to call Samsung today they would pretend they havent heard anything ...  

Explorer

All I heard when I called in was "There is no way to go backwards, that's just the way it is"  They don't seem to care

Explorer

It's not that they do not care, there is no physical/hardware/software way to revert to pre-Android 9, really.. There's that thing called Knox that prevents us;read up on that; it's really foolproof. Ok, granted, in hindsight it's a bad decision (in our current use-case) to implement Knox, but I understand the corporate decision behind all this.

Still, they're right, there's no coming back to Android 9 "Pie". That is, Samsung's implementation of Android 9.

On my part, I'll receive an iPhone XS this Wednesday. I'll keep the S9+ around. For now, it'll be used as a toy phone for my kids along the Pixel 1 XL that I currently use as a backup for the S9+. If they ever correct the current situation, I'll swap the XS with the S9+. I really loved that phone.

--Jeff

@Maxozone wrote:

All I heard when I called in was "There is no way to go backwards, that's just the way it is"  They don't seem to care

Explorer

@mrcarismo wrote:

this forum is a big fraud ...  The issues were reported back in November of 2018 about the update issues and 6 months later and 9 pages later filled with customers complaining about the same issues and if you were to call Samsung today they would pretend they havent heard anything ...  

***** @mrcarismo grow up, I've had it with your obnoxious behaviour. Can't you understand that all our woes might be a very (albeit very vocal one) subset of ALL Samsung customers in the world ? Samsung is the (correct me if wrong) the largest Android manufacturer in the world. We might be an unsignificant number, really; all my friends at the same carrier as I am with S9+ have _no_ problems whatsoever. As acute and showstoppers our issues might be, we're a blimp in the ecosphere. I understand that; I had to manage effort-risks to fix problems vs costs and numbers impacted as a living, and I can tell you, *we are nothing* right now, unless proven otherwise. Get off your high horses and act as an adult, not as an angst-drive pre-teen. Oh wait.. I've talked about myself, as I'm oh-so-eager-to-hear-and-talk-about-myself-the-ambulance-chaser :p My bad. Not apologizing a word here. Deal with it.

You've brought *no* positive feedback here so far. All insults, barbs, negative comments all around. GROW UP.

@AntS I again apologize for this post (then again, not so). As a moderator, I'm sure you disapprove. As a not-moderator, well, I leave it up to you

--Jeff

Explorer

Funny, the community forum censored my very first word -acronym- in my previous post; feel free to insert your own expletive in place of. My sentiments remain.

Apprentice

Jeff that may be so, however its what they can do. Starting with fixing all of the problems and returning at least to something in the ui that resembles the phone I paid for. Capitulation is not an option for me. Just because there is an android update does not mean the ui has to be changed wholesale. i.e. bixby, message app, settings, camera etc etc have nothing to do with android 9 they are Samsungs own apps. As a matter of fact, isn't Knox some of Samsungs bloat/crapware anyway? 

Top Liked Authors