Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s8 plus heating problem

(Topic created on: 03-05-2019 04:00 PM)
S8Plus4
Student
Options

Have being using samsungs8 s8 plus.  There was no issue for year but after downloading a video phone is heating.  This mainly happens when phone is restart even while browsing.  Tried factory reset still facing same issue. When I started phone in recovery mode it's giving error 'fail to open recovery_cause'.  Not sure what it means.   Is anyone facing same issue or any suggestions? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@S8Plus4: To see if the issue is stemming from the downloaded content I recommend restarting the phone in Safe Mode and monitoring it's performance to see if you notice an improvement.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the S8+ logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
S8Plus4
Student
Options
Thanks for your reply Andrew. When I started phone in recovery mode it gave error '# fail to open recovery_cause'
0 Likes
S8Plus4
Student
Options
Hi @AndrewL I did start phone in safe mode and Uninstall all third party apps. In safe mode phone didn't heat up. later tried to factory reset via recovery mode. But it's giving error ' firmware info not valid'. Phone heated up while restarting. Can you suggest something?
0 Likes