Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung notes locked after update

(Topic created on: 08-05-2019 07:04 PM)
Michmitch
Student
Options

Hi i updated my phone and now my locked Samsung notes wont open i keep getting the message that it cant verify me and that the password was entered incorrectly 0 times and to try again in 2242815 seconds, iv spoke to samsung live chat and tried clearing cache, remotely unlocking phone, safe mode, soft reset etc nothing works can anyone please help.  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Michmitch
Student
Options

I did manage to sort it, if i remember rightly i held the app until it came up with the options and i selected app info and there was an update that needed to be done there.  Hope this helps.

View solution in context

21 REPLIES 21
RVA_1976
First Poster
Options

i updated my phone samsung a8+ this morning and i am also faced with the same problem that my samsung notes are locked. Message says:

couldn't verify your identity

you entered an incorrect password 0 times. try again in 2276262 seconds.

please help.

0 Likes
JJH2019
Apprentice
Options

I too have the same problem and I haven't even updated my phone yet. Have you found a solution yet?20190627_090319.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Michmitch
Student
Options

I did manage to sort it, if i remember rightly i held the app until it came up with the options and i selected app info and there was an update that needed to be done there.  Hope this helps.

JJH2019
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I just solved the problem. Go to the Samsung Notes Settings, then go to About Samsung Notes. There was an update that needed doing. After updating the app, i was able to enter the password to unlock the note and had the option to use my fingerprint. Hope this helps. 

JJH2019
Apprentice
Options

Oh, just read your solution just after I posted mine 😅. But yes, it worked and was helpful. Thank you. 

SMcdaniels
First Poster
Options

Thanks! This worked!

1kyangel
First Poster
Options

I dont know if you fixed your notes or not, but went to the Galaxy store on my phone and updated the samsung notes and it worked!

0 Likes
aroxxanne
First Poster
Options

The same thing happened to me right now. You need to go to the actual notes app and update from the settings.Screenshot_20190802-035901_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20190802-041804_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20190802-041822_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20190802-041857_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20190802-042000_Samsung Notes.jpg

numbuh5
First Poster
Options
thanks a bunch. it worked.
0 Likes