Support

Open search

Samsung messages - chat features not working

Explorer

hi all - I can't get chat features to work.  They work fine on both the Android messages app so therefore it is not a network issue.  I have no option to switch on chat features. It just isn't there.  Any ideas please?

regards

Nick

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @Motty2012.

Did you manage to get this resolved? Are you referring to the standard text messaging app on your phone?

Explorer

Hi Chris thanks for the reply. 

Not resolved yet. Yes I'm referring to the stock Samsung app for messages. 

ChrisM Moderator

When you say you have no option to switch it on, can you see the messages app itself on your phone?

Highlighted
Explorer

Yes I can. 

There should be an option called Chat features or something like that but it's not there.

The option is there on Android messages the Google app and it works. There issue is definitely the Samsung app not identifying the fact that Chat features should be available to me. I'm on Vodafone UK by way and incidentally if I did use their text app then chat features work too. 

I want to be able to use the Samsung messages app as I like the look and feel  

ChrisM Moderator

Hi @Motty2012.

Try this: When inside a message, click the 3 dots in the top right corner. Under notifications do you have the choice to switch to chat or switch to sms messaging?

Explorer

Hi. No I don't. Been through all the settings  

Explorer

Hi. Still not resolved 

AndrewL Moderator
@Motty2012: I have looked into this for you and regretfully the Chat Feature in the stock messaging app is not available in the UK. I apologise for any disappointment this may cause you.

Chat features SEEM to ONLY work when wearing my Samsung watch...and if the other user is also wearing a samsung watch... (I've troubleshoot this extensively)..

Top Liked Authors