Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung, bring back the Dual Camera mode!

(Topic created on: 20-07-2019 10:40 AM)
krastev
Apprentice
Options

This mode is the only reason I was sticking to your brand, since no other phone or app had that feature. Shooting videos simultanioslewith the front and back cameras. Please, bring it back. 

For those of you how didn't know about it here is and example: youtube

29 REPLIES 29
AngelOti1
First Poster
Options
I must agree with you Please bring back the dual camera mode. One of most productive and fascinating mode.
Incredible. Samsung delete this incredible mode and keep others useless, "shoot food mode" 😳...😡.. absurd
nucleare
Explorer
Options

I love and use this function all the time on my Galaxy S5. If this has been removed for Galaxy S9 then it might be enough to avoid purchasing it since I utilize this function for vlogs.

Enjay
Voyager
Options

That was one of my favourites on my s6! Miss that feature for sure

WillIAm16
First Poster
Options

This was a difference maker. I have several friends who have 'I' products and I could always say your phone can't do this Dual Camera feature. My wife and I were in Europe and folks kept asking do you need us to take your picture? Nope we have a Samsung that has Dual Camera option, wow that's cool I may look at a Samsung because of that feature they would say. I am so DISAPPOINTED that it's been removed, no dual camera and if there's ever no SD card I may as well go to , 'I' , my wife and I. We already have Mac, MacBook, iPad mini. I love my note 8, SD, Stylus and YES the Dual camera. PLEASE bring it back, we need a software update. So my 'I' friends stop teasing me because it's no longer available. I could go on about how much it's missed and I hope you are still reading. 😂 Did I miss how much I miss the Dual Camera. W.M.

nucleare
Explorer
Options

Yea it's official, I've literally been looking into buying the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ instead of the S9 or S10 with this in mind. Even though there were deals on Prime Day, ughhh. I mean if there really is a third party program that lets it work on the newer Android Pie that's works well and doesnt heat up the phone, I'm down. Otherwise, WTB S8 Galaxy must have Oreo or lower!

Rv-S7
Student
Options
Yes I totally agree, SAMSUNG, PLEASE, bring back the dual camera mode on ALL your Galaxy flagship phone. I still have it on my S7 and I love it. But my Note 9 does NOT. 😬😤
Nightskymama
First Poster
Options

Please bring the duel camera back, Samsung! Make it Note compatible too!!!

CameronBhola
First Poster
Options

PPPPLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEEEEEE! Bring it back I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I am so disappointed that that camera feature was taken away. It was a great feature on previous models dating back to the Samsung Galaxy S4 that I had. I have been scouring the app store to find a replacement app and nothing so far. The closet I have gotten are apps that take 2 or more grid photos in sequence which can be useful but not even close to what I desire with the Dual camera where I can take photos and videos simultaneously. 

nucleare
Explorer
Options

I had purposely upgraded only to an Galaxy S8+ because of this and came from a Galaxy S5. If this continues, I may have to go back to Apple since they recently incorporated it into the later iOS updates and iPhone. Samsung probably believes (and is likely right) that the feature is only passionately loved by a small portion of their target market so unless we can petition in the millions, Samsung will likely stick with its decision in pursuit of whatever it was they were pursing by removing the feature.

Yet all we ask, at the very least, was to release the API functions so that a third party developer could create and publish an app independently. Please message me for royalties or other contractual agreements if this is a consideration!