Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9+ wallpaper vanishes

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 01:39 AM)
pacuk01
Apprentice
Options

I usually have one of my photos as my wallpaper. Recently every now and again  this pictures vanishes and I end up with a completely black wallpaper. If I reboot the phone the usual photo reappears back as my wallpaper.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thats weird @pacuk01 

WhTW happens if you choose another wallpaper ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
pacuk01
Apprentice
Options

No, I haven't tried that yet. I have however noticed some hours after it has vanished I get a notification saying "Welcome to your new case" which isn't true. I have had the Samsung LED case since i had the phone some 18 months or so.

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

It's not some power saving setting? I know it can do various things in the background. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers guys! :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

@pacuk01 , For that "Welcome to your new case"  notification try Settings > Apps > Galaxy Themes > Notifications > toggle off 'Phone case attached'. That should make that message disappear from then on.

You can always toggle that option back on if you want a sound notification to let you know the case is successfully attached though.

0 Likes
pacuk01
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for your help peeps. I have changed the settings as suggested for new case. I usually only see it when they do an update but seems to appear more and more recently. But have turned that switch off now. The wallpaper has been good and behaving for a day and a half...so just have to wait and see. I thought it might be a particular app I have been in to causing it but so far so good

AntS
Options
0 Likes
pacuk01
Apprentice
Options

Will do.:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
pacuk01
Apprentice
Options

I spoke too soon.....poof and my wallpaper has gone to an all black background again. I have tried a different background too and that made no difference. 

0 Likes
pacuk01
Apprentice
Options

And now it has come back all on its little lonesome.

0 Likes