Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S9 notification still sounds when set to silent

(Topic created on: 13-06-2019 12:10 PM)
JustinS9
Student
Options

I have a samsung S9. I updated my software to the lastest oneUI with android pie update two months ago(or whenever is was released). About one week ago I have been recieveing notification sound while my phone is set to vibrate only or silent. My media is on but everything else (notifications, ringtone, system, bixby voice) is all muted. However, I still get notification sound. Before this issue came up i would not recieve notification sound when my phone was set to silent and my media volume was on. This issue is very annoying especially when i have class. I went to a walk in samsung support store. But they could not give me a good solution besides wiping my device completely or going through each application and setting it to silent.

12 REPLIES 12
Daniden
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue. But i was able to fix it. It is 100 percent effective. You just have to wipe your cache partition from the recovery menu. You can search YouTube on how to wipe cache partition. It only takes less than 1 min. But it definitely fixes the problem.

deusexe
Apprentice
Options

In 2021 steel notification soundIn 2021, notification sounds will continue with Do Not Disturb mode on.

0 Likes
Punkas
First Poster
Options

Thanks worked 

0 Likes