Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S9 not receiving updates

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 01:50 PM)
Lorik992
First Poster
Options

Hello guys

I bought my phone last year and I havent received any update since april 2019 security patch, I see people are stating to get one ui 2.0 and I was wondering if theres any issue with my firmware / software. I have seen some recommend a firmware flash, I am a bit freaked out about it as I have never done it and I dont want to brick the phone. What are your recommendations?

Phone model number: SM-G960F

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Looking on the net your active CsC is possibly South East Europe (SEE)

In regards to changing these CsC codes and Custom Rom's you will need to visit sites like xda-developers.com and Google Search.

Due to the possible ramifications I do not feel comfortable guiding you on what to do which I'm sure you'll understand.

Perform lots of homework on this before acting please.

Good luck.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The Samsung Galaxy s9 was scheduled to receive the Android 10 update in January 20 if bought directly from Samsungm

The only issues sometimes are if the phone was supplied via a network then it has their own flavour of Android firmware and they want to Pre test the update before allowing Samsung to send it out. In this case you wouod need to speak with your network.

If the phone was bought from a  reseller then it may have the XEU CsC and these tend in my own experience recieve updates much slower.

Download phoneinfo from the Playstore to see what it's CsC is.

My phone was purchased directly from Samsung so it's CsC is BTU.

Try updating the software via Samsung Smartswitch.

If a phone has been released in one country and then imported into another country to use then this can lead to very slow updates and in some instances no updates.

Using a Custom Rom is an option but must be broached with care because if a person uses the wrong Rom or it goes wrong then the phone can become unstable or in the extreme unusable.

Xda-developers.com is a good site to visit to learn.

Disclaimer 》 

Using a Custom Rom can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used.

A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision.

Samsung would levy a charge to put this right.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Lorik992
First Poster
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

The Samsung Galaxy s9 was scheduled to receive the Android 10 update in January 20 if bought directly from Samsungm

The only issues sometimes are if the phone was supplied via a network then it has their own flavour of Android firmware and they want to Pre test the update before allowing Samsung to send it out. In this case you wouod need to speak with your network.

If the phone was bought from a  reseller then it may have the XEU CsC and these tend in my own experience recieve updates much slower.

Download phoneinfo from the Playstore to see what it's CsC is.

My phone was purchased directly from Samsung so it's CsC is BTU.

Try updating the software via Samsung Smartswitch.

If a phone has been released in one country and then imported into another country to use then this can lead to very slow updates and in some instances no updates.

Using a Custom Rom is an option but must be broached with care because if a person uses the wrong Rom or it goes wrong then the phone can become unstable or in the extreme unusable.

Xda-developers.com is a good site to visit to learn.

Disclaimer 》 

Using a Custom Rom can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used.

A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision.

Samsung would levy a charge to put this right.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Hey thanks for your time mate!

So I downloaded this app you said and it tells me that my firmware csc code is: DBT and active code SEE my orginal CSC code is blank. I did not buy my phone from samsung as there is no official store in my country. I also found this site https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/ it gives instructions on how to change the CSC by dialing a code number is this safe? And if I was to do it which CSC code should I take as theres none for my country(Kosovo).

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In regards to changing these CsC codes and Custom Rom's you will need to visit sites like xda-developers.com and Google Search.

Due to the possible ramifications I do not feel comfortable guiding you on what to do which I'm sure you'll understand.

Good luck.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

0 Likes
Lorik992
First Poster
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Good luck.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

I will be looking on the site as soon as possible, so correct me if I am wrong my active CSC(SEE in this case) should be the same with my firmware CSC(DBT in my case) thats whats causing the trouble right?

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Have you tried to manually install the updates on the phone? 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-s9-how-do-i-check-for-a-software-update-on-...

If you decide to flash the firmware yourself then be careful and only use Odin (official Samsung firmware flashing software) and an official firmware designed for your device. 

0 Likes