Assistance

Open search

Samsung S9 Update Problem

Highlighted
RÉSOLU
First Poster

Hello,

I have an issue with my Samsung S9. I Have it for a few months now and it won't get any kind of software or security updates.  The security updates are from December 2018 and when searching for updates it says i have the latest one which is not true. 

I am writting in the france forum since my phone is from France (unlocked version)

I would appreciate any kind of help,

Dionysis

1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions approuvées
AdelineL Moderator

@Diothorn 

No, the IMEI number can not be used to check for updates. I gave you the way you can check.

AdelineL, votre Expert Technique Samsung.

Rendez-vous au Café de la Communauté, vous y trouverez des astuces et des idées pour vos appareils Samsung Cœur

Retrouvez la charte d'utilisation de la communauté ici

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 RÉPONSES 3
AdelineL Moderator

Hello and welcome to the Community @Diothorn !

I just read your message.

If you have no updates, it means that the phone is up to date. However, you can check it also with Smart Switch. Simply connect the device to the PC via a USB cable, launch the software and it will update, if there is one.

I stay in the corner.

Rendez-vous au Café de la Communauté, vous y trouverez des astuces et des idées pour vos appareils Samsung Cœur

First Poster

Hello and thank you very much for your answer.
I did and it says that it is up-to-date. However, isn't it strange that it hasn't recieved any updates from December 2018 (security) ? Is there a way that you can check with the IMEI code that it is included in future updates and not blacklisted or anything?

Thank you very much

AdelineL Moderator

@Diothorn 

No, the IMEI number can not be used to check for updates. I gave you the way you can check.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

Meilleurs contributeurs