Support

Open search

Samsung S9+ Slow Mo Camera

Apprentice

Hey, 

I received my s9+ on Thursday and had a few issues with it. One of which was the super slow mo camera, I find it absolutely terrible and not a patch on the live launch. 

Anyway, I'd complained to Samsung about this and a couple of other issues and they kindly exchanged my device. 

The other issues have gone but the slow motion. Camera just seems pants! The quality is so dark and grainy. 

I've attached 2 screenshots of what it looks like my side 1 on Auto and the other on super slow mo

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if theirs looks the same. Thanks 

Screenshot_20180314-171824_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20180314-171844_Camera.jpg

17 REPLIES

Mine is the same.. So dark unless a bright bright light is on, and then it is soo grainy

Explorer

Yeah they all like that...what you have to remember is to do super slow mo it needs to pick up a lot more frames so shoots the video requiring more light to power those frames...if your outside in daylight condition though you shouldn't expect any problems at all...if indoors you need your lights and maybe flash on too...

Apprentice

MINE is worse! Just extremely dark. Can barely see any image I  the slo-no even in a well lit room. It only works a bit better outside during the brightest times of the day with little to no overcast. 

Maybe it's because its the Canadian versions? 

But mine is s9+ .  

Oh, and the FLASH makes no difference with it either. 

Not happy with this issue. And it very well may be a hardware issue unresolvable by software or firmware update. 

Even the low lighting can does not seem to be doing so well either. 

Explorer

I don't think Canadian version should have any difference to be honest mate, I have the s9+ too and mine is fine...I have attached a S9+ Super Slow Mo video that I did at home, which is usually the darkest camera, shot this indoors in a medium lighting room... it doesn't show much but you can see it clearly...take a look and compare to your camera lighting

Highlighted
Explorer

@KellyByrneswrote:

Hey, 

I received my s9+ on Thursday and had a few issues with it. One of which was the super slow mo camera, I find it absolutely terrible and not a patch on the live launch. 

Anyway, I'd complained to Samsung about this and a couple of other issues and they kindly exchanged my device. 

The other issues have gone but the slow motion. Camera just seems pants! The quality is so dark and grainy. 

I've attached 2 screenshots of what it looks like my side 1 on Auto and the other on super slow mo

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if theirs looks the same. Thanks 

Screenshot_20180314-171824_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20180314-171844_Camera.jpg

Hi,

The super slow motion feature record's at 960 FPS, which would require alot more light for this feature. 

the normal video mode only record's at 30 FPS which would not require as much light. 

Please also try focusing on a certain subject whilst using the super slow motion feature see if this help's 

also please make sure you have updated your android software version. 

Apprentice

Something interesting ... led or energy light bulbs will also great a horrible flicker due to natural electricity vibration called hertz this is normally e.g.60 in the UK 60 osillations per second .. 

Explorer
I realised this too..didn't think the 960fps and ISO of camera would actually pick up that filter...it's actually quite bad Tbh...it renders me from making any slow mo Vids in my living room lol
Apprentice

Perhaps not. But hardware seems to vary for @HariAli,  (reply)::

certain countries, for example: exynox vs snapdragon. Nonetheless, I do feel confident that the camera is the same across the board. 

Apprentice

Hey Peeps! So I called Samsung, spoke with then about the issue. The Tech either being truthful or lying, stated that my call in regards to the Slo-no issues was the first they've supposedly heard!?! 

I then directed the tech to this forum. 

She recommends that we go to the complaint section or something on their website and that if enough people complain, then they will see about what they can do to fix the issue. 

The Tech states that it's just likely a software patch that'll resolve the issue. I stated the "what if?" What if it is the Physical camera itself? 

The tech replied that; " if it's a physical issue, then the phones will be repaired." 

I replied; "Repaired and not replaced?" 

She said "yes." 

I proceeded to state that; I would not want a repair! The phone would not be the same if that were the case, especially when it comes to our waterproofing seals. And that is a fact. 

I further stated; that if it is a physical issue with the camera, then I will demand a brand new replacement phone and would not accept a physical repair. 

Anyhow, 

There are certainly a few issues, and obviously a couple being major issues.

Please file or fill-out an official complaint via their website, and follow it up with a call to samsung.

That is my suggestion. 

-Daga-

Top Liked Authors