Support

Open search

Samsung S9 Plus Android Pie

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi guys I have an S9 plus. I've always been able to screen record by putting the phone into game mode. And the record button would appear on bottom right of screen. Today I upgraded to Android 9 Pie os. Restarted the phone and the and the option to put into game mode or record has been completely removed. I cannot find it anywhere in any settings on the phone. I know I can download a 3rd party app but they record mic too. Whereas I need internal record of screen without any external noise recorded too. Has anyone else had the same problem? Is there a way I can rollback to the previous version of android? Any help or ideas would really be appreciated as I used screen record on a daily basis.... Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Cobradj2019 

I can't personally check on my phone as I'm still awaiting the update.

I hope it's a case of the feature hiding in another place due to the Ui change.

A Google Search may yield further results.

However just to answer your latter query the answer is No a person is unable to roll back to the previous firmware via the phones system settings or factory reset. 

The only other way is to install a Custom Rom and that needs to be carried out with caution.

Doing so it at your own sole discretion.

In your Samsung Members App you can send feedback direct to Samsung that way.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Cobradj2019 

I can't personally check on my phone as I'm still awaiting the update.

I hope it's a case of the feature hiding in another place due to the Ui change.

A Google Search may yield further results.

However just to answer your latter query the answer is No a person is unable to roll back to the previous firmware via the phones system settings or factory reset. 

The only other way is to install a Custom Rom and that needs to be carried out with caution.

Doing so it at your own sole discretion.

In your Samsung Members App you can send feedback direct to Samsung that way.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice
Ok thank you 😊
Voyager

As I said, the only comments I recieved from Samsung was "that is the way it is" , I have the date, TOD, before and afters. I am looking into getting their attention by filing both a small claims, and also criminal malicious mischief charges. The cost to file in Clark county washington district court is minimal, however the cost to Samsung to defend itself will be considerable.  My hope is that I can make it a class action and get others, even globally, to jump in.  THe $ range for setting the classification is such that it would be a Class II felony, that is if it were only me involved. The classification in the State of Washington is $750-$5000 for class II. If others jump in the overall $ figure jumps and it would most likely jump to a Frist degree.  It would rest ultimately on the motion and argument set before the judge in the complaint/filing.

Here is a brief description: https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/malicious-mischief-Washington-State

Apprentice
Wtf are you going on about?

I too have major problems with Pie. Bluetooth OJ h connectivity with Spotify is so slow, and the icons are awful, they look like they've been designed by a Hanna Barbara cartoonist. 

Plus replying to a text/WhatsApp  message in the toolbar is now plain simply awful. 

Definitely not as sleek Oreo. 😤 

Apprentice

Count me in. The issues I've had since the firmware upgrade are atrocious and I don't like my S9 anymore. And i take exception to Samsung lying to me! 

Apprentice
Firmware upgrade has ruined our S9 phones!
Top Liked Authors