Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Just Browsing

So if I were to try this without deleting anything off the sd card, wouldn't I need to unmount the sd card before turning the phone off?

& should I take the card out before I turn the phone off or after it's off? 

Apprentice

The card is not the problem. I have removed and rebooted many times. Works fine on S7 just not on S9 where I get permanent error.samsung needs to fix this!

Apprentice
Error message is always there. Super annoying. And most of the times it works but sometimes it does not and you cannot access any of your pictures not save them unless you remove card and put it back in
Just Browsing

Mine does it mostly while actively using it...one just popped up as I'm typing this...

Community Manager

Just wanted to let you all know that we are still investigating these reports and are waiting for an update to share with you. To support this (by increasing the data available for the investigation), we would request that you continue to follow these steps.  

- Restart

- Check your phone is on the latest SW version

- Check your apps are up to date

- Submit error report via Samsung Members within 15 mins of the notification/reported behaviour, including clear description which has the SD card brand/model included.

We'll update you as soon as we can. 

-Sachiko-

Apprentice

@Romani I wasn't implying the SD card is this issue. I agree it's the device hardware. Since I cleared my error this AM I haven't seen it. I saw it several times on Saturday when I got the new phone. I was merely considering performing some tests to the card to see if there was something that could be done that would better the connection of the card and device. Someone mentioned earlier about through put with the I/O and the ability of the device to stay connected to the card. I have not been able to duplicate the issue.

@LF9 I would unmount before turning the device off and take it out when the phone is off. I don't recommend taking it out while the phone is on (although I have done both leaving the phone on and sometimes not unmounting the card on other devices to see what would happen to the SD card) . Removing the card while the phone is on could POSSIBLY corrupt the card. 

Explorer

@WilCruzwrote:

@Romani I wasn't implying the SD card is this issue. I agree it's the device hardware. Since I cleared my error this AM I haven't seen it. I saw it several times on Saturday when I got the new phone. I was merely considering performing some tests to the card to see if there was something that could be done that would better the connection of the card and device. Someone mentioned earlier about through put with the I/O and the ability of the device to stay connected to the card. I have not been able to duplicate the issue.

@LF9 I would unmount before turning the device off and take it out when the phone is off. I don't recommend taking it out while the phone is on (although I have done both leaving the phone on and sometimes not unmounting the card on other devices to see what would happen to the SD card) . Removing the card while the phone is on could POSSIBLY corrupt the card. 

Sorry, my statement about it being a device issue was more in response to earlier reports that Samsung is suggesting for us to replace our SD cards. Now that you've cleared the cache and data, keep trying. It does take a little persistence and time to replicate, but once it starts again, it starts to show up often again. I have not been one to remove the sd card while the phone is on, and my card was brand new when it was formatted in the phone and used for taking pics. Due to the fact I am sick of it, I am now going to internal storage in the camera app in hope the phone does not again suddenly recognise the card as present and switch over and I can say with 100% confidence that is the workaround for now. I am defaulting to saving pics and videos to the phone and moving them to SD card without any issues. Not ideal but it has eliminated the most annoying aspect of the phone. Interestingly, the replacement device they gave me also seems to exhibit lots of my touches not being recognised in general use. No dead zone issue, just using the phone in general. Samsung are asking me to bring in the replacement device for further testing, not guaranteeing me that they won't open it up, so it isn't going back unless it is a brand new replacement.

Same problem here. Quite disapointing and annoying after spending over 1k for a device. I hope Samsung fixes this asap.

Explorer

So Samsung hardware and software tested the second device and stated it all passed QC. They were suspecting the fact that I had developer options enabled was causing instability with the camera to SD card functionality. Tonight I am once again reliably replicating the fault with developer options off as promised, and have also recorded the whole thing on video using another phone like I said I would as they wanted further evidence of the issue. Meanwhile, the screen registering only some of my touch commands, which they also stated is a non issue, is only compounding my frustration.This handset is going back tomorrow. 

First Poster

I purchased a S9+ right after launch. I swapped my 64GB SD card from my S5 into the new phone and it seemed to work fine. I then decided to upgrade my SD card to a 128GB class 10 Sandisk, it seemed to work finer for 3 or 4 days then it couldn't access data on the card, but the data was disappearing in blocks. by the end of the day the S9 was showing no SD card present. I then repalced the SD card with a Samsung calss 10 128GB card and within a day I was losing data that I had transferred to the SD card. I will may try a smaller card if I have one as I see 128GB cards being the majority used. But I do not believe for a minute that this is a SD card issue after having 2 cards fail, this is definatly a software issue that Samsung needs to repair. I may have to go back to my S5 if this issue isn't resolved. I understand having bugs in new products, but blaming the consumers who are all having hte same issue is not the right answer.

Top Liked Authors