Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Apprentice

Yea the problem with google photos from what I see is you have to open the darn app to get them to actually back up. So if your pictures are corrupted before then, your in hot water. Unless there is some setting im missing.....

Highlighted
Explorer

Just watch what ya have on it I've had 32GB cards suddenly all info gone pics files ect and phone says No card installed.  Pics all show ! Surrounded by grey. Make sure anything important is backed up elsewhere. Also last card I had in I reset all pics to go to phone memory not card. Was glad I did....

Explorer

All I know is when you pay that much for the Awesome phone! For Samsung not willing to address the problem is ridiculous! So at this point the s10 will be out Soon! So at this point I have given up on a fix. 

Explorer

Samsung? 

Explorer

I honestly saying everything was fine up until yesterday when stupid Samsung rolled out a new update ...which is great with new features and all.... but the annoying read/write error message comes up every single time if I do anything with either camera app or gallery/pictures. How stupid is that Samsung are not addressing this problem and they are just pushing us using Samsung SD cards instead of other, also good quality sd cards. I am really p****d off with this phone. I have to stick to it though as I am bill pay and signed a two years contract. 

Not happy at all.

Explorer
Well. that does suck! You have to wait that long to upgrade! For myself I can upgrade every year. So by the time if they figure anything out I think I will have the new phone before that happens! I just hope it's fixed!I had a 400GB SDCARD that is toast! The good thing is Sandisk will replace the card for free if it ruined the card which is obvious! Good luck with yours and I would call them if you can't get anywhere! Thank you!
Explorer

Maybe a good idea maybe not. Since from trying to find a fix for this and several other problems I have with this so called wonderful awesome terrific.... doorstop.... I have found that several of the glitches and problems do actually go back to the s8 series phones. And instead of fixing problem on next model they just did a few additions and stuck in the same problematic ? System? (Hardware whatever it is Not real tech savvy I can do anything I've watched someone else do at least once and can follow decent instructions Does not mean I know all the terms or fully understand all the technical whatsit lol) Hope ya get my meaning though So maybe they fix things with s10 maybe It will be all new or when upgrading they remove bugs ect. I just know i wont be taking the chance on it. I spent some time online before buying this one searched for ratings and any mentions of problems Not with camera not with memory not with memory cards Even after i had the first problem with a card could not find anything. After second and a day before 3rd went kaput i finally saw something about the error code problem. Still took awhile and some searching to find anyone else who had pics ect as just grey and phone says no sd card installed.  I wish you the absolute best of the best of luck. Fingers crossed they come out with zero problems (or only ones that easy fixes and not "real problems". Have a wonderful day and even better week. 

Explorer
I could upgrade anytime at this point. I've had my phone maybe 9 monthes and could have upgraded a couple months ago. But really not sure what I'd get next, nothing has called to me yet hahaha
Apprentice

Hello all...been scouring the internet for the past couple of hours while simultaneously backing up all photos/videos/files from my Sandisk microSD.  I went from an S7 Edge to an S9 last year....used the same SD.  Never had any problems until this week...recently updated from Oreo to Pie.  Thankfully I can still see all of my files, and was able to back them up to an external HD.  I tried to format the SD in the phone and restart...it says it was done and ready to use, but the original files are still on it, unable to be deleted and I still can't write anything to it.  So is my best bet to just throw this one away and buy one from Samsung?  I am so irritated.

Explorer

I guess that's  the best you could do. I saved all my data last night, not only because the error message comes up but because I managed to smash the screen to the concrete so I have to claim a new one by my insurance company. I hope by changing the SD card to Samsung will fix the contonuous problem with the files. It's a pity that such a huge company like Samsung does not address this problem. 

Top Liked Authors