I had the issue with a cheaper SD Card. Bi the bullet and purchased a Samsung Evo+ 128Gb card with read and write speeds up near 100mb/s.
Not a single problem for over 6 months now. Not even 1 single corrupted photo or file. Huge difference guys, make the change.
I have tried this at least 50 times restarting shutting down running battery to nothing so it shuts off formatting sd card encrypting card different types different brands of cards different sizes. Clearing extra info clearing cache on phone every section of the phone gone through every inch of memory and storage, gone through every part of storage. Every trick I've ever learned for phones or computers. None of it does a bit of good. Previous galaxy's have worked fine .. I loved my s7 edge but the s9 plus (and from my research looking for a fix the s9 as well) sucks in every way including new problems since the last two updates. Not just the fact that it deletes sd cards shows error message or just decides the card does not exist after it corrupts it so bad it cant be acknowledged in any other device either.
So quick question are you having any the new problems with it (sorry if covered it but have fallen behind on the thread recently 😊)
It finally stopped showing every text even on my lock screen (though I had removed all permissions and had it blocked it still showed them) and suddenly my emails can only be accessed half the time I can see the title but when try to open nothing but the title shows has gotten to the point now where I can't see them until I do a restart.
Plus in the past couple of days all of a sudden my notifications bar when it shows the emails I bring it down to check and the first one or two are ones that just came through the rest are emails I received back in 2010 2011 2012. Same thing when I do a search through my emails it keeps bringing up emails from all the way back as far as 2008 and 2009 that weren't on the phone or showing up just 4-5 days ago.
Hi All, I'm new to this forum and new to Samsung. Just had my first Samsung phone ever, but sad to say the SD card problem disappoints me.
What I experienced were:
- The lagging thing happened mostly after I had taken a photo, and trying to view that photo
- While it's lagging, the phone is turning hot
- And when I intended to turn off the phone to stop it from heating itself up, the phone cannot be completed turned off (screen appeared to be off, but the LED light is still on (in blue))
- It happened sometimes also when i tried to read files from SD card via "My File" (I guess it's when the phone is trying to read the images files with corrupted photos)
- My SD card is mainly for mp3, and photos (my habit is to save photos to SD card instead of internal storage). Nothing odd happen when i was using the phone for the mp3-listening. So i suspect that the problem was caused mainly on the image processing thing. When i tried to save a photo on SD card and things unexpected error happens, the phone lags; or when I was opening the gallery / My Files / Google Photos or any apps that reads files from SD card which has any corrupted images in it, the phone lags.
And thanks to this forum, your comments give me the hint of what to do or what to do. I removed the SD card, and then everything went okay (touch wood).
And just now I read this article (https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/10/19/google-pixel-3-latest-phone-suffer-photos-not-saved/). Thinking they might be relevant, esp when the phone needs more resources to process the image and save it to SD card at the same time.
Btw, Samsung EVO+ cards are quite expensive and I dare not invest more just to test if it's really the SD card problem...
I also was very frustrated. I put a new SD card in my phone and have not had a problem for several months. I am not so sure that some of the cards that I ordered were not fakes. I think that if one is purchased from a big box store it is more likely to be the real thing. I did do a check disk on my old sd card and had it do a repair. I lost a few pictures, but then saved it to my computer hard drive. After making sure that the new card was going to work properly, I then copied my files to it.
I have moved from a S7 to a S9 including my SD card. Since I have the S7 no errors occured. Now with the S9 I get this error every day.
How can I solve this issue?