Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Highlighted
Explorer

@Kidsdmd wrote:

Not to mention that these SD cards worked perfectly well in our old phones but became corrupted in the he new phone

That too. I had no such a problem in my s7. Worked perfectly well. 

Voyager

@Kidsdmd wrote:

Not to mention that these SD cards worked perfectly well in our old phones but became corrupted in the he new phone

This is also my experience, but...

Not on my S9+.

I never once had the error on that, in fact my particular card had been in 4 devices total, as well as video storage for my drone, no issues.

The day I put it in note9, I started getting the notification. 

The photos I lost through corruption were backed up, but I'm pretty annoyed at the loss of video files from a recent holiday.

But I must say, I never had this error on S9+, but that doesn't mean it wasn't the S9+ that caused it, just that I never had a read write error notification. 

Explorer

And I never had it in the S8+ either. Only on my Note 9. This forum , however, has tons of people with S9's that had the issue over the last 5 months. Just don't kniw where to go from here. I too am more upset about the loss of video files including the kids  piano  recitals, elementary school graduation ceremony etc. Also, only have an 8 day window left to return the Note 9 but what's  the point of getting an Android with expandable memory if you can't use the memory. Might as well get a friggin' iPhone.  Are you listening Samsung????

Explorer

It's been a while since I've commented on this thread. I have allowed myself to keep my S9+ as the error message I see is about the camera resorting to internal memory over sd card, and I have been able to eliminate this completely by writing pictures to internal memory by default. Until this day, I have had zero sd card corruption issues. If I was having those however, there is no way I would have kept the device and I would have forced Samsung to compensate me. I would also be opting for a completely different brand, especially given the Note 9 is no different when it comes to this issue.

Explorer

Thank you.  

Explorer
Yes. It's all of are different sd cards causing the issue. They need to give us all a new Sd card! And then some...
Explorer

OMG. I just got a reply  from Samsung saying i should contact SD card support for this.

Explorer
Awesome!
Explorer

SD card support says it's not a Samsung SD card so they can't help with it, so I am back to square 1 

Explorer

I just got off the phone with support. They said go to one of there repair centers and take my sd card with me and they will take care of it... we will see taking it in tomorrow! 

Top Liked Authors