Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Explorer
Yes. I hope it works out as well. Then maybe they can release the update for the rest of us. Good to hear you didn't lose any data...
Apprentice

20180828_165654.jpg

Nope...after the latest update the *****ty phone is still in problems...F...ck you samsung

Explorer

@Mtenzera1978 wrote:

20180828_165654.jpg

Nope...after the latest update the *****ty phone is still in problems...F...ck you samsung

Sorry to hear that! Mine hasn't brought the error message up again since yesterday when I updated to the latest software. 

Explorer

Ok my happiness was short lived.  The same error message came up when WhatsApp wanted to do a back up on the data (I set it up doing it monthly so it was time for it). 

I don't even think worth going back to Vodafone with this problem they are going to say oh just change your SD card. No wonder why they were so keen to give me a Samsung SD card with the phone for free. But to be honest I doubt that the problem would be solved with changing the SD card. Many of us gone through the motions so why would it work for me? 

I think what else I can do then get back to this forum when I decide what's my next step. 

Explorer

NI took the SD card out of my Note 9 and put it in my old Note 3. Still couldn't retrieve the corrupted  files . They are permanently damaged. The biggest issue with putting in a new SD card is that you'll never be certain that your new files wont get corrupted down the road or worse when it's time to upgrade to your next phone. So it looks like the Galaxy series will turn into the iPhone, for all intents an purposes,  without useable expandable memory. 

Explorer

Update. I  put a 16GB card in last week and so far I have not had the error! But still corrupted my 200GB Sandisk card! As well as others, so they want us to go buy a brand new card? Really they should be sending us a new sd cards. As soon as the error happened I look at my logs before it boots your phone and the error is a corrupted sd card! So after the Samsung update it smoke my card.... come on Samsung!

Explorer

I wonder how many sd cards got fried? When it started...

Explorer

@duckusa1 wrote:

Update. I  put a 16GB card in last week and so far I have not had the error! But still corrupted my 200GB Sandisk card! As well as others, so they want us to go buy a brand new card? Really they should be sending us a new sd cards. As soon as the error happened I look at my logs before it boots your phone and the error is a corrupted sd card! So after the Samsung update it smoke my card.... come on Samsung!

Funny enough since last night error message that happened the exact moment when WhatsApp wanted to backup files, no other error message happened. I don't see a pattern in this at all. I'm sorry your SD card got corrupted. I still try to hang onto my current 128 GB SanDisk sd card. It seems to be working and  no corrupted files so far. 

Navigator

I can now say IV tryed 16gb  2x 32gb , 64gb ,2x  128gb sandisk & Samsung and a 200gb card now and say I only get the read write error on any card bigger then 64gb ? Has anyone had the card error's with any card smaller then a 64gb card also I tested all the card on other phones and all work great?

Highlighted
Explorer
For myself it's been anything under 64GB.
Top Liked Authors