Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Explorer
Oh, okay Thank you for that.
Explorer

No problem. I keep you updated about it. Hopefully this update sorted the problem out. 

But before I log out let me share an awful experience with you guys in the Samsung store. I went there (naively) thinking they can do something about the SD card error. When I told the guy the problem he just wanted to eject the SD card from the tray without unmounting it properly. Can you imagine? I asked him, are you just going to take it out like that? He said yeah... and I said hell no, you incompetent *****....and grabbed the phone and left. I made a complaint to the store as they are obviously employing incompetent people. :(

Highlighted
Navigator

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘
Less incompetent keyboard jockeys on here!
Touch wood... 🌳,my 64gb has been fine for the last few weeks. Pics/music all saving onto the SD card with no issues/errors.
I also purchased a brand new 128gb Samsung SD card to go in my s9, only for it to go corrupt days later with lost photos.
I've connected this post to the Samsung Galaxy forum, although it's been quiet there.. Need to get this out in the public eye to get it recognised!!Screenshot_20180827-210013_Settings.jpgMy phone has the latest update, I'm with O2 through the Carphone Warehouse..

Apprentice
and do it FAST
Apprentice
Thanks for the heads up. I'll try my SD cards tonight and see how they do. My phone has updated 3 times and so far no fix. Maybe this is the one. I am not going to get my hopes up though.
Explorer

I honestly think someone at Samsung's is laughing his/her head off. Samsung does not acknowledge that there is something wrong with s9+ but apparently the customers SD cards are all faulty. I guess the SD card business wasn't doing so well for Samsung and its  parties,so they needed a boost or something. I think it's all marketing strategy that they made this absolutely beautiful phone faulty with this SD card read/write error just to make us buy different(Samsung) SD cards. 

Fingers crossed after this update there will be no more error messages.

Explorer
Good luck. I unfortunately still have the problem and corrupted SD card..
Explorer
So far so good... No error message since the latest update. Before that it was like a trillion times per day. Thankfully I haven't lost any data because of that and I was able to move data from my SD card to the phone memory. I will report back if I get an error message ....straight away and also I am going to go back to Vodafone as well.
Explorer

Okay.  Thank you for keeping us updated. I really appreciate it. Did it corrupt your card? As well.   

Explorer

@duckusa1 wrote:

Okay.  Thank you for keeping us updated. I really appreciate it. Did it corrupt your card? As well.   

No problem. No I don't think the card itself got corrupted. It's working without any problem. I was able to transfer files without a hitch,and all my photos are there ~ no corrupted files whatsoever. Just the annoying error message before the last software update happened. I really hope that solved the issue. 

Top Liked Authors