Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Highlighted
Explorer

When this thread started There was alot about the error message for sd cards on s9 and s9 plus. I thought I was alone in having it just not read card saying it wasnt there after first couple months(each new card gives me less time working) . So I asked someone who had made a suggestion for the error message problem and now a few months later turns out alot of people having the same problem. 😎 and your not only one I have seen a few posts about it too. 

Explorer

I am going through my SD card. About 5000 pictures and videos  one at a time. Discovering that some (approximately 30-40)  of them have heen corrupted and won't download, copy or move, but others are fine and can he transferred over. Not sure why they have been corrupted, but at least I can salvage the vast majority and move them onto internal storage on the phone.

All the documents transferred without any problem. Will try my music files once I'm done with the pics and vids

Explorer
I am not sure which came first, the files getting corrupted and not being read on the Note 9 or the Note 9 causing the files to get corrupted. I suspect it is the latter.
Apprentice

So how do we get Samsung to at least acknowledge this? First S9, now Note 9?? How can we make this go viral... class action... SOMETHING!? I'd be happy (though not necessarily satisfied) with acknowledgement and a vow to try to fix this at the very least.

Navigator

The magic question. . ..

Now been 5 months this has been here, on a Samsung (community) forum you'd think someone important/high up would be seeing this!!

SAMSUNG !! WAKEY WAKEY ..💤💤⏰

Apprentice

I think the phone corrupted the pics, or something in the file system because I couldn't copy pics from the card but I was able to upload them to Google photos.

Explorer

That makes sense, but it begs the question, Now What? Based on previous posts about the S9, it seems that the "phone" or more accurately it's  operative ststem  corrupts files  on every SD card that's inserted. 

Explorer

Hi. I  think it  corrupted it.  My 200GB   Sandisk card it happened right after the last update!  I  can't format it with windows, Linux or anything else  ridiculous. And the card worked fine when it was in my S8 plus.  The sd card isn't even a year old yet!  This is not a coincidence!! Sad.. 

Explorer

I tried to copy my music files from SD to internal storage  and had no issues. It has to be a camera issue.

Explorer

I was unable to recover my music but I did get most of my pictures..

Top Liked Authors