Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Highlighted
Explorer

I actually have tried the 256 originally (samsung I believe) a 128 and a 64 None work for any length of time. I was finally able to reroute my pictures to the phone memory so less likely to lose important pics (not just grandkids but I screenshot any receipts or messages with any form of agreement involved in them) I am actually having to use my computer for first time in I dont even know how long Just to save everything. Wondering why I bought a phone with large memory that can supposedly handle larger sd card since cant use either. Wasted a bunch of money for no reason.. 

Navigator

Using my Samsung 64gb card from my Note3, been in my s9 for about 2 weeks now, no issues.. 

Explorer

Yeah at least customers are working on it lol.. Most times it wont let me even reply to any comments on this thread any more

Explorer

Funny enough I don't have the problem everyday. Sometimes it goes without any error message for days then suddenly pops up. 

I will try what you have suggested. 

To be honest no wonder why Vodafone was happily giving a free 64GB SD card with my new S9+ ... Now I understand. Something went really wrong with this phone while they developing it as it cannot manage larger SD cards than 64GB. Very annoying. 

Explorer

Instead of going to all that trouble, Samsung has a new phone called Note 9.  They will allow you $450 trade-in for your S9 then you can get the Note for an extra $550 and spend $350 for a 512GB SD card.  As of this date 08/13/2018, there have not been any problems reported with the Note 9.

Navigator

Not being rude but..... Really? 

Why should you accept that the s9/+ is rubbish, fork out $900 for a new phone & SD card when the Note 9 is literally days old and no faults have been reported yet because no-one has found any! 

Why can't Samsung acknowledge there is an issue with the s9/+ and get it sorted?

P .S. here in the UK you can swap the $ for a £ and that is what it would cost us over here, if there is a trade in option over here...

Apologise for the rant but it isn't our fault and we shouldn't be the ones who should pay for a f*** up for a company the size of Samsung!

Explorer

Actually the Note 9 is available for preorder here in the US at this time.  Shipment will be near the end of this month.  I do know about spending for phones.  I purchased a Windows 950 XL for about $850.  It was the best phone ever built, but Microsoft would not support it and after a few months I put it into a drawer.  I spent about $850 for a S7 Edge which I loved (never had any problems).  They gave me $200 trade-in on a S9 PLUS and I paid them about $680 for that.  My advice is not to be an early adapter like I am, but wait until a product has been out 6 months, check the Samsung Community to see what problems have been reported.  This forum does provide a very good service.  It allows one to see problems with a phone they may want to purchase.   I should have come here instead of purchsing without checking it out.  After the Note 10 comes out I will check this forum to see if it is any good and purchase one if it is!  All of their Engineers should be reading this forum because we are the customers that keep them in business!

Navigator

I still have my old s2 tucked away in a drawer somewhere ...  Might go back to that! 🤣🤣🤣..

Apprentice

I don't have it everyday either. Something is setting it off and not when taking photos or trying to save, I can't quite seem to find a pattern. It's as if the system is trying to save to SD card every now and then. I still don't have any problems saving or retrieving anything just annoying. My last post a few months back was after an update and it seemed to stop, but then came back. I just got another update last week, so again crossing fingers as it hasn't appeared again YET!

I'm more frustrated with Samsung. Is this site actually affiated with Samsung, because no one officially is posting any advice or acknowledgement of this issue, yet many of us seem to be keeping the thread alive. Maybe a moderator s role is to also assist follow up from the OEM?

Navigator
Hi, I updated last week also.. As previously mentioned, I've gone back to a 64gb sd card with no issues at all (nearly 2 weeks now). Has to be an issue with reading 128gb cards?
Yes, agree with you totally, Where are you Samsung?
Top Liked Authors