Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Highlighted
Explorer

You are right, it is a great phone except for this problem.  I did not think it was cause any problem except for the error messages, but I just went out to take some pictures.  They did not take, so I cycled the power on my phone and then took four pictures.  The pictures took this time, but they over wrote the 3 pictures that I took on Friday.

Apprentice

I agree it is a stellar phone, but the tiring experience with the SD card error and Samsung's apparent unwillingness to address the problem is inexcusable. What's the deal Samsung?

Explorer

So what advice would you have for me Gav4b. My sd card problem is a little different After a month or 2 had pictures that didnt show up just a circle with exclamation point , no pic just grey ... a restart usually made it so next picture would show but not previous.. then suddenly it says no card ... and hasnt registered it since and all info I put on it pictures files unaccessable... I dont want to put new one in just to have same happen so thought I's ask and hope maybe ya could give me some advice 

Navigator
@Ms_Tony... this is what I'm getting, had it since day one, although my s9 is recognising my SD card. Not had any error messages though...? Any pics/videos taken with camera saved on SD card, all are greyed out, save to internal, all ok..
First Poster

I have a similar problem and I have game data on my sd card. I start the phone all is well everything is there then as time goes on it says everything on the sd card is corrupted. I try to reformat the card and the phone crashes after 20%. Is there any way to fix this? My sd card is Samsung so it should be ok. 

First Poster

I seem to have the same problem as some of you. 

I can no longer save pictures directly to the SD-card. I can't delate the pictures from the card. And when I try to format the card I just get an error (se attached picture). 

Is any solutiin on the way? 

Command '53 volume partition disk:179,8 public' failed with 'null' 

20180726_065903.jpg

Explorer

I dont have a clue ... I found out when removed first card it wont work in anythingnow... and the second card that I bought directly from samsung was keeping photos for a bit then today noticed (After i took some adorible pics of my granddaughter falling asleep on my friends shoulder) That though it registers card as there and I have never gotten an error code of any kind ..... Just these and no pics of the baby.... Screenshot_20180726-002147_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180726-002139_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180726-002135_Gallery.jpg

This is what is now in my gallery instead of the pics...  

First Poster

I took my sd card out out it in my computer and reformatted it. Then I hard wiped my phone and put the ad card in it and formatted it as soon as the set up process let me. For pictures I would suggest using google photo so you can back them up online until you have a chance to download them on your computer. I hope this helps.

Explorer

I am reading the July security patch has some fixes to AR Emoji. The fact that Samsung is treading anywhere near the native camera app is giving me some hope they might silently provide a fix for this without admitting to the issues in the first place.. If they are exerting their effort into a bunch of cartoon characters but not something as fundamental as the ability to reliably write to micro sd, then it shows their priorities are completely and utterly screwed. I actually don't know how this inherent fault hasn't been reported by the media yet. It has the potential to be as large as the Note 7 disaster if people are having cards corrupte, with important items or memories they can't recover. Anyone from Samsung care to respond to this for a change?!

Same issue here  sandisk micro sd 128 gb.

Apps that are moved to the sd card are eventually removed.

Sometimes, camera stops saving pictures. an exclamation sign icon appears instead of the picture icon.

very frustating   !

Top Liked Authors