Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

First Poster

Samsung killed my SD card and I lost priceless photos and videos of my trip. Middle finger to you Samsung I will never trust your products again. 

And for the rest of you readers...i know you guys are all looking for the best phone , the most premium phone since you own an s9. I have tried many flagship phones and always end up going back to the fruit. It is not about being a fanboy or anything...the good thing about the fruit is they have solid customer service and they fix problems you don't even know about. The fruit would have solved this in a software update. Also the fruits updates are device dependent... I can't wait till September . I may try Samsung again but honestly there's no reason too. If you guys have not tried the fruits phone ...and refuse to give it a try then stick in u little box and save the few bucks but live in a world not knowing u have the best phone on the market.

Peace out and again..middle finger to Samsung .

Observer

Has anyone tried software update G965FXXU1BRF8/G965FOXM1BRF7\G965FXXU1BRF5 ??

This is supposed to have Device stability improvments??

Apprentice

I am on BRF5 and I have yet to see any error message regarding SD card. I installed it a couple of days ago on my S9+

Highlighted
Explorer

I received a firmware update about a week ago, ARF4 and still have the problem.  I am on an unlocked phone.  I think that the newest upgrades are rolled out to the people with locked phones that are on one of the large carriers?  I am getting SD notifications several times a day!  My carrier is one that is used by older people, but it is the best I have ever used, but I don't think Samsung is too interested in helping anyone but the major carriers.

Navigator

I'm still on BRF3, I have an update waiting, I have an unlocked phone. 

The thing I've noticed is I have problems/issues with reading/writing to SD card, although I'm not getting any pop-ups/messages saying there is a fault ?? Just anything that writes to SD card becomes unreadable, whether I download through phone or PC, save camera pics to SD card or download to phone storage then copy/move to SD card, all becomes corrupt when phone tries to read it. 

Yes, it's a genuine Samsung 128gb sd card...

Apprentice

still not really getting anywhere:-

I understand your concern regarding the error on your SD card.

With regards to your concern, may we know if you tried to insert other SD card on your device to check if the same issue is happening?

Or if you have tried to insert the SD card to other device? do you still get the same error message?

We look forward to your response.

.....my response:-

I have also tried my wife's SD card from her Samsung S7 - I get the same error after about 1hr. If Samsung wants to send me a new SD card to try or credit me for the expense of having to buy a new one, then I try. Otherwise, I do believe this is a software issue with the S9 - especially given the amount of 'noise' online from users with similar experience. I like Samsung products, but I'm starting to get frustrated with the lack of transparency on this issue.

Given I have only just taken delivery of my new S9 , the dilemma is now to either return it and replace with a different brand or hope that someone at Samsung can be more proactive in resolving this
Navigator

.....update.., now running with update BRF8, no change!!😡😡...

My s9 still cannot write to my SD card without the files becoming corrupt, took some photos and saved to the SD card, low and behold, pics are corrupt/unviewable!!!

Are there any Samsung reps/techs reading this?? What do we do, just keep buying SD cards until we finally get one that works? Are Samsung going to fix this? 

Explorer

This is a note that I just sent to Samsung support.  If they do not start listening to their customers they stand a chance of losing them.

"I get many SD Errors every day.  I am using a fast Samsung SD card that was new when I put it in my phone.  It does not have a problem.  It is not corrupted.  The only problem I have are the errors you are generating.  I have had to power my phone off and back on a couple of times to take a picture.  Check your community!  I had a S7 edge and it was a great phone and the S9 Plus would be if you would fix this problem.  If I have a problem with a product and the company don't take care of it, I mark them off my list.  There are more people complaining about this than the S7 Note problem.  We have local trouble shooter on channel 11 TV.  If I call them for help it can get on the national news and you will get a lot of bad publicity that you don't want.  I can show them complaints from the Samsung community where people are having problems with S9 phones.  Every day I get these complaints on my email which I have.  I have the best carrier which is Consumer Cellular and a unlocked phone.  I worked with ABB in marketing.  Every Monday morning we had a marketing meeting and if we had a problem like this we would have the Engineering manager in the meeting and get it fixed.  I hope you will get it fixed because I would love to keep using a Samsung phone."

Navigator
So many people with this issue, you'd think Samsung would have finally pickes up on this!!
Apprentice

I don't want to temp fate but I had an update on Thursday and (says quitely) I as of yet haven't had the SD card message error....I changed nothing else on the phone...so let's see.....fingers crossed because I agree other than this annoying error this is the best phone I've had...so even if I changed it, I can't see anything else as good out there.

Top Liked Authors