Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Navigator
Had the latest phone/firmware update today, anybody know what it was? A fix to this issue maybe?
Come on Samsung, help us out!!!!
Navigator
Sorry, software not firmware update..
Observer

Any updates on this issue?  Just got a brand new S9 and started seeing the issue immediately.

Apprentice

Crickets from Samsung. I'm going to need new phone if this issue isn't addressed soon.

Observer

I notice the error only pops up when I'm in a car and there is a lot of jostling around of the phone.  Possible that the the sd card is losing its connection inside the phone to the bumps.  Doesn't seem likely but since I have never noticed the error when not in  car that's the only thing I can think that might be causing this.

First Poster

Well add me to the list. Just got the phone last night. Has anyone taken their phone in for service??? I would but am traveling soon. Would've just kept my S8 if I known this or went with a non Samsung phone...

Apprentice

Early in this thread, I think some have taken their phone in and/or got it replaced, but the issue returns. It's the phone unfortunately ☹ This is too widespread for Samsung to just keep ignoring this issue & telling us to replace our cards.

First Poster

Think I have 14 days to take it back. Trading this in for something else. I would've kept my S8+ but just like all my Samsung phones, charger port craps out in a few months. Dont wanna deal with this many issues for a phone at this price. 

Highlighted
Explorer

I went to a big box store and asked a Samsung team member to help me with the SD error.  He took a look at my phone and said when I got the new firmware update the problem would probably be fixed.  I asked him why I didn't have the latest firmware.  He told me that the unlocked versions do not get a firmware update until they are finished testing. They must be slow because I have had this phone for quite some time.  If I had read all this bad publicity that Samsung is getting on the S9 plus I would have kept my S7 edge.  It was a good phone!

Apprentice

Is anyone from SAMSUNG actually viewing and replying or updating on this issue. Just upgraded from S7 edge > S9+ and having the same issues as many others. Given the first post I see on this is from March, what the * are SAMSUNG doing about it?

Top Liked Authors