Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Explorer

I have not had an SD Card Error since I went into GALLERY settings and turned off Samsung Cloud Auto Sync.  I have all settings there off except GO TO WEBSITE which I have on.  I also have Gallery turned off on Samsung Cloud settings.  I do have my pictures backed up on my computer.  This may not be the smart way to do things, but I am trying it and so far it seems to work for eliminating SD Card Error warnings.

Apprentice

I dont back anything up to my Samsung cloud (I use Google) and I still have the error. This sucks, as I have used the same SD card for years with no issues, now I'm sure some files are corrupt.

Highlighted
Explorer

I did go several days, but did get an error today.  At least it was an improvement, but apparently not a cure all.

First Poster

I believe I have a fix - when you get the error, slightly slide the notification to the right until you see the notification gear icon underneath and click it.  It will bring up the system UI settings and you can disable system UI settings.  I don't believe it will ever come back, but if I ever have any low system storage issue or a real issue with my SD card, the system will not be allowed to notify me as well. I've been trying to find the system UI settings to turn back on and provide a screenshot, but I can't find it.

Apprentice

Are any of you getting this error with a Grade 3 UHS-I card? (it will have a U with a 3 in it) 

My card has a U with a 1 in it. 

First Poster

Having similar issue on galaxy S9, bought a new 128 GB Scandisk microsd card.  Started having issued with camera files not saving, both pictures and videos.  They would disappear or get corrupted so I couldn't open them.  Then started noticing issues with podcasts I downloded getting corrupted or disappearing.  Same with downloads and files I transfered from my PC to the card.  Tried rebooting, tried ejecting and reinserting the sdcard.  These actions only helped for a day or so, then it would start doing it again.  I assumed it was a bad sdcard so I have returned it and ordered a new one.  After seeing all these posts it sounds like it may be a phone issue? 

Explorer

Thank you I will keep that in mind.  The problem is that if it only keeps you from getting a message, that don't really mean that you are not having errors.  It has been about a week since I stopped my pictures from going to the cloud I have only had one error.  For some reason I think that while it is taking time to write to the cloud and the card at the same time it may be causing an error.  I would love for Samsung to tell me I am wrong!

Explorer

my U has a 1 in it.

First Poster

I've tried several 128GB cards. And the phone has rendered all of them useless. None of them are detectable in my computers after being in the phone for more than a week. 

Yes, my most recent was a U3 rated Samsung card, dead. The only common thread between any of the 3 cards it has destroyed is the card size 128gigs, I see that is a common size in the comments. 

First Poster

...and its back

Top Liked Authors