Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

First Poster

Having the same issue. It has caused my phone to switch off a few times also

Apprentice

Yesterday I tried to access my SD card on my phome and it completely froze.  I had to reboot.

Apprentice

I'm not buying that this is SD card related.  I moved the card back to my old s7 for a while.  No issues.  Moved it to my Galaxy Tab E 8.0, also no issues.  Moved it back to my s9+ and immediately starting getting the error again.  

Apprentice

Looks like Samsung is done looking into this. I guess they're going to sweep it under the rug and just keep saying it's our SD cards. Here's a copy of some of the latest messages sent by myself and Samsung.

I guess it's going to take someone starting up a class action lawsuit to get any results. Which is sad, I've owned Samsung phones for years and had no issues until now...

20180406_140322.jpg

20180406_140413.jpg

Apprentice

Update: I've sent another message to Samsung with a link to this forum. Hopefully they will forward my message on.

20180406_143626.jpg

Apprentice
I contacted Samsung tech support with this issue and they told me this was NOT a known issue and they had no plans to issue a software update to address it. I promptly exchanged my S(+ for another one (still in the 14 day window). My new S9+ has no problems reading the SD card. If you're in the 14 day window experiencing this problem, you should do an exchange.

My guess is that when Samsung gets many S9's returned for SD issues, they'll realize they have a problem.
Highlighted
Apprentice
I can use camera if I ignore pwrsistent error messages but occasionally it stops storing pictures and so you find that shots you took are no longer there which is super annoying and frankly not good enough. Does Samsung actually address these issues or are we talking to ourselves?
Apprentice

I'm also getting the same error periodically. Didn't see it at all yesterday but saw it again this AM. Just bought the phone Saturday from Best Buy (Sprint) .upgraded from. S7 TO S9+. Rep did the card swap and I do not know if he powered off the old device before removing and then inserted the card into the new phone while the power was off. Mine is a 128GB SD. My son has a 64GB (u. Known at this moment if his is also experiencing same issue at time of this post.

I have not had issues taking pictures, moving files, or accessing files on the SD card. I checked as soon as I received the error. Pictures still saved to the SD card. 

At this point its more of an annoying message than anything else. 

I have a pretty extensive IT background so I'll run through some things and repost if I figure anything out . 

Just from reading everyone's posts, and from my 20+ years of experience,, it points to an issue with the device and not the card. 

Has this error ever popped up on anyone's phone while actively using it or does it pop up after the phone has come out of locked or sleep mode? Mine only pops up after I have waken the phone up. And may repeat itself quickly after I clear it but goes away after clearing it again, sometimes it takes a couple of clears. 

Explorer

@WilCruzwrote:

I'm also getting the same error periodically. Didn't see it at all yesterday but saw it again this AM. Just bought the phone Saturday from Best Buy (Sprint) .upgraded from. S7 TO S9+. Rep did the card swap and I do not know if he powered off the old device before removing and then inserted the card into the new phone while the power was off. Mine is a 128GB SD. My son has a 64GB (u. Known at this moment if his is also experiencing same issue at time of this post.

I have not had issues taking pictures, moving files, or accessing files on the SD card. I checked as soon as I received the error. Pictures still saved to the SD card. 

At this point its more of an annoying message than anything else. 

I have a pretty extensive IT background so I'll run through some things and repost if I figure anything out . 

Just from reading everyone's posts, and from my 20+ years of experience,, it points to an issue with the device and not the card. 

Has this error ever popped up on anyone's phone while actively using it or does it pop up after the phone has come out of locked or sleep mode? Mine only pops up after I have waken the phone up. And may repeat itself quickly after I clear it but goes away after clearing it again, sometimes it takes a couple of clears. 

In my case, I can replicate while either actively using the device or straight after waking it up. Clearing cache and data gets rid of the message for about 15 to 20 minutes before I can replicate. Please check my other posts which describes other aspects I've replicated with or other things I've eliminated. This is 100% NOT an SD card issue.

Just Browsing

So is it still working good & the error message still not popping up anymore?

Top Liked Authors