Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Explorer

That was the second thing I tryed the error came back that day for me 

Explorer

@Fergalwrote:

I copied all my.data off the sd card. Then used the s9 to.format the sdcard and copied my.data back a couple.of days ago. Since then no sd card errors.

My SanDisk is brand new and was formatted inside the S9+ before anything was put on it.

First Poster

Settings storage storage sd card then up top right click on 3 dots then storage settings then click arrow beside sd card and it says ejecting unmounted. Then click arrow again n it will mount it. Done. No error message now

Explorer

@brumby7777wrote:

Settings storage storage sd card then up top right click on 3 dots then storage settings then click arrow beside sd card and it says ejecting unmounted. Then click arrow again n it will mount it. Done. No error message now

Tried that. The message disappeared for a while but eventually came back.

Highlighted
First Poster

Having the same issues.   64g SD card that I have been using for months with no issues in my old s5.  Upgraded the the s9 two days ago and now this message pops up every day.  

AntS Moderator

Hi all. :robothappy:

Based on the info they've received so far, our software guys have advised that the issue is more likely to be with the SD Card rather than the host device in this instance. The software log files they've received show several "timed out" errors, and there's a strong indication that the cards aren't sending data as they should according to their spec, and so causing the card to report an internal generic error.

However, the software team would be grateful for any further software log files that you guys can send on this - so, for anyone out there experiencing this issue  please do keep sending them that info via the Members app.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

@AntSwrote:

Hi all. :robothappy:

Based on the info they've received so far, our software guys have advised that the issue is more likely to be with the SD Card rather than the host device in this instance. The software log files they've received show several "timed out" errors, and there's a strong indication that the cards aren't sending data as they should according to their spec, and so causing the card to report an internal generic error.

However, the software team would be grateful for any further software log files that you guys can send on this - so, for anyone out there experiencing this issue  please do keep sending them that info via the Members app.

Well in that case, Samsung cards are displaying inaccurate top speeds too because I replicated the issue in no time on one of those too. In all cases being reported here and what I was able to replicate for your representatives at the Service Centre, this is happening with cards with no history of errors, with various brands of cards, with write and read speeds well above what Samsung is recommending. This may be more about the camera app needing higher bandwidth than described writing to the SD cards or the app is simply not communicating efficiently enough to external cards. I have sent multiple examples and error logs on the Members app. 

Apprentice

I have had the exact same experience. i have noticed that my issues tend to occur when either using the camera or Google Photos. 

Apprentice

This is happening to me too. Very frustrating for a new device. Don't tell me it's card related when so many people here are having the same problem. 

Navigator

My SD card worked fine in my galaxy s8+ it's only doing it on my s9+ so doesn't take a genius to figure out which device is at fault.

Top Liked Authors