Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you all for providing your accounts of your experience. We are investigating this here at Samsung and would appreciate your support to understand this better.

We'd really appreciate it if you made sure you're on the latest software version, with all of your apps up to date, and submit an Error Report to us using the Samsung Members application within 15 minutes of this error appearing. Do this by heading to Samsung Members > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports. 

Thanks, Sachiko

Apprentice

My above fix worked for nearly 24 hours. But I've had the warning twice this morning, both quite close together. hadn't used camera or anything... and then no warnings since. I will send feedback to Samsung (as requested) if/when it happens again

First Poster

SD CARD ERROR ON S9. SanDisk 128 GB und the issue come many times in a day. Very annoying

Apprentice

Screenshot_20180325-203117_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20180325-203540_Settings.jpg

Same thing happening to me. It's driving me crazy. I hope Samsung gets this fixed soon.

(Samsung Galaxy S9 plus, AT&T)

Apprentice

I have been getting the same error. there does not seem to be a pattern as to what triggers it. My SD card also seems to be functioning properly. 

AntS Moderator

Hi all. :robothappy:

Our software team are currently investigating this, and have escalated the issue to HQ. They've advised me they'll let us mods know when they hear something further on it - and we'll pass that on to you guys. In the meantime, please do send any further info/log files on this one using the Members app as SachikoT advised above. 

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

@SachikoTwrote:

Thank you all for providing your accounts of your experience. We are investigating this here at Samsung and would appreciate your support to understand this better.

We'd really appreciate it if you made sure you're on the latest software version, with all of your apps up to date, and submit an Error Report to us using the Samsung Members application within 15 minutes of this error appearing. Do this by heading to Samsung Members > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports. 

Thanks, Sachiko

Sent. Most disappointing and frustrating part is I purchased a brand new SD card yesterday thinking it would eliminate the issue.

I think we need to be informed whether this is a software or hardware fault asap. If the latter, some of us will need to get our handsets swapped out under early life failure.

Explorer

Today I got my phone replaced for a brand new one. Within minutes, I managed to replicate the issue again. So I have now been able to do this using a SanDisk and Samsung SD card on my old phone and using the same SanDisk card on my new phone (as the Samsung one was provided to me temporarily at the service centre to prove it wasnt brand or sd card specific). In case you're interested, it is the Samsung service centre located at Sydney Olympic Park that has my prior handset. My replacement came from there too. I demonstrated to some offshore technical teams that were on site at the time how to replicate the fault. I am going to say that this is software related. Also note, that around the time the message comes up, my pictures are reverting to being stored on my internal storage, so temporarily, the camera thinks the sd card is no longer there. Last but not least, with either card and both phones, I am not getting any form of sd card read error at any point in time. I also have been playing all my music reliably off the same sd card without the Poweramp application that I use for playback ever thinking the music is unavailable. Hope this helps.

First Poster

I copied all my.data off the sd card. Then used the s9 to.format the sdcard and copied my.data back a couple.of days ago. Since then no sd card errors.

First Poster

I copied all my data off the sd card. Then used the s9 to format the sdcard and copied my.data back a couple.of days ago. Since then no sd card errors.

Fergal

Top Liked Authors