Support

Open search

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

Apprentice

When i try to move data from sd card to phone memory on s9+ so that I can reformat the memory card it fails to move all my data.

Apprentice

I have a 128 gb sandisk mirco sd memory card in this s9+ and i bought a 256gb sandisk micro sd i'm worried that if i put that in my phone that i'm going to get the same error message and that it will ***** up my card. 

Explorer
Wipe cache partitionTurn off the device.Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.Press Power key to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Apprentice

I did the wipe partition already the sd card error never came up for one full day and then it started reappearing again.

Explorer
If you try changing the camera storage back to device first then try clearing system cache then change storage back to SD card I haven't had any more issues since doing that hope this helps
Apprentice

I did this and so far so good

Apprentice

Spoke to soon

Apprentice

I have an unlocked S9+ and am having same issue.  I have a 128gb sandisk class 10 card.  I moved it over from my s7.  Everything shows up and I'm able to save to it.  I just randomly get the error message.

Has anyone tried moving their stuff, formatting the card, and then moving it back?  I thought about it, but thought I'd check to see if anyone else had done that before I took it that far.  

Apprentice

I have not tried to move but this is my exact scenario. S7 128gb to s9 plus unlocked and the random error. Granted since the wipe the issue is not coming up all the time anymore but sporadically. And the amount of times has decreased.

Apprentice

I hope I am not speaking too soon, but the following appears to have worked for me. I am not sure which part caused the success but I suspect the whole problem was caused by removing the card from my S7 while it was turned on. This means it was not 'properly ejected'. Then putting it straight into the S9 threw up errors UNTIL I did the following (please read step 9 before doing any deleting!): 

1. I put the SD card into my PC. 
  2. Browsed files - found an Android folder which appeared to contain lots of empty folders. I think this was a temporary files repository, but was also used for things like Netflix downloads. Probably any app I had told to use the SD card instead of the internal memory. 
  3. Deleted the folder found in step 2.
  4. Tried to move the files (20gb) off the card onto my PC. This got stuck (for 24 hrs) at 6%. Aborted it. One folder of images had moved.
  5. Used Windows to properly eject the memory card - right-click the card in 'This PC', then select 'Eject'. 
  6. Turned off my S9. I think this probably helped as much as anything.
  7. Put SD card into S9. 
  8. Turned back on.... 
  9. (Which I suspect can be summarised as: Turn off phone. Remove card. Move to (turned off) new phone. Start new phone, i.e. try this without deleting anything first!)

So far so good. If the warning comes back I'll update. 

Top Liked Authors