Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ will not search for updates because it fails to register my device

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 02:34 PM)
Zuzu123
Student
Options

I did a factory reset on my s9+ yesterday, and after that when i try to search for updates it tries to register my phone, but it fails everytime or just keeps trying forever. Idk what happened everything worked before doing a factory reset, i'm using the same sim card too if that can be a problem. It just won't let me check for any updates. It's an unlocked s9+ running on android 9.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Be sure you have Samsung account inserted as Default and try again my friend. But it's a inusual problem that is not know for me until now.

I undestund that you are refereing about system updates and not googles app updates.

See you:four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes
Zuzu123
Student
Options

My Samsung account is set as my default and it still does the same 😕 Yes i was talking about system updates.

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

S9+ is under warranty, do not discard to use it to set phone as default with update capacity :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Could be some own keys lost from inside code, let Samsung to speak but today I can not to see anyone for here after a few hours, will be entertained in something more important of course, such as bans or other hot topics :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes
MSCOSTA
First Poster
Options

I'm facing the same problem; I bought this mobile pnhone in Tazania in 2019 and the in the information about the device it shows the instaled version is 8.0.0, \samsung Experience version being 9.0, Android security atch level - September 1, 2018.

United Arab Emirates

TRA ID: 0016333/08

TA: 000000000/00

0 Likes