Support

Open search

S9+ telephoto lens doesn't work in Pro mode

First Poster

I realized that I just had to reset my camera's settings and then it worked as it should. If any this kind of problems will appear, remember to reset the settings first.

First Poster

Resetting the smartphone does NOT solve the problem of NO 2x RAW selection in Pro mode. There is no 2x selection. Even ACR version 10.4 has no raw selection for the 2x lens. JPG, yes. Raw or PNG, no.

First Poster

Called Samsung. Pretty useless act, as they knew little.

ChrisM Moderator

Hi all.

The developers have got back to us with the news that they are considering adding this feature for the next model; but no further info other than that at the moment.

Apprentice

'For the next model' is not acceptable. We bought a smartphone that shoots RAW and has two lenses. Corner-cutting by developers means the two functions can't be combined. This should be fixed at Samsung's expense at the earliest opportunity.

Apprentice

Why should we care what the developers are "considering" for their next model...?!

I have the curent model, they should fix that or we'll highly consider not to buy their next model...

Apprentice
Highlighted
First Poster
Thank you @ChrisM for keeping us updated. It would really be a shame if they didn't do this for the next update. I am upset by their unwillingness to fix this issue at this time but I hope that the next update will have this issue resolved.

Just bought the s10+ and can confirm the same issue..

Telephoto lens does not produce a RAW format of the photo. 

So much for next model..

Apprentice

@Markdd wrote:

Just bought the s10+ and can confirm the same issue..

Telephoto lens does not produce a RAW format of the photo. 

So much for next model..

Thanks for letting me know. I was about to order one. Will get a Huawei instead! Samsung, you are losing customers by leaving this problem unresolved. 

Top Liked Authors