Support

Open search

S9+ super slow mode

Apprentice

Mine is terrirable too has been since the day i opened the phone very disapointed ive reported it through the camrea app ive cleared the camrea date and still the same.

Explorer

@Stacey1989wrote:

Mine is terrirable too has been since the day i opened the phone very disapointed ive reported it through the camrea app ive cleared the camrea date and still the same.

Have you got an SD card within the device? If so please try and remove the SD see if that resolves the issue.

Also check for Software update's regarding camera stability. 

Apprentice
Ive done the update which it needed. Checked and still the same ive took sd card out and still no diffrent ive also reset the settings on the camrea.
Explorer

@Stacey1989wrote:
Ive done the update which it needed. Checked and still the same ive took sd card out and still no diffrent ive also reset the settings on the camrea.

Right, Is it possible for you to send a screen shot of the video once it's recorded?

Along with a screen shot of the videos settings? 

Regards

Baxter

Apprentice

Screenshot_20180320-183957_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20180320-184011_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180320-184054_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20180320-184017_Gallery.jpg

Ive atached pictures the water ones are from the same video just ti show u how the lighting changesScreenshot_20180320-184627_Camera.jpg

Apprentice

Hi I've done the update as soon as it came out. I've also cleared the camera cache no joy at all. Still the same blurryness.

Explorer

@Stacey1989wrote:

Screenshot_20180320-183957_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20180320-184011_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180320-184054_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20180320-184017_Gallery.jpg

Ive atached pictures the water ones are from the same video just ti show u how the lighting changesScreenshot_20180320-184627_Camera.jpg

Hi,

Since the Super Slow motion feature record's in 960 FPS the video needs to have sufficent light 

also any ambient light (Non natural light) You may find flickering within this video.

Please take into account that 960 FPS the video may blur in certain situations due to the lighting situation's

this is known as 'Noise' try creating a super slow motion video in natural light also please make sure

the yellow box is filled with the item your trying to capture in the slow motion area as if the subject

is too far away this will create 'Noise' 

Observer

same issue ...can't probaly function...

Apprentice

Hello,

Everyone should be aware that without proper lighting, slow motion and super slow motion will be dark and blurry.  There is no way to avoid this.  The amount of times the shutter must open and close to capture the 960fps slow motion really limits the amount of light getting through.  

All the "demos" that you see online are usually outside, and in broad daylight.  As disappointing as it may seem, it is what happens with with all slow motion videos.  Even Hollywood productions use extremely bright lights to compensate for the lack of light.

Basically, if your indoors, it wont look good unless the lighting is super bright.  Go outside and film a bird in daylight, and it will look like the Demos.

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong.  I am basing this off my poor experience with my s7, and the research i did after seeing how poor it looked.

Good luck!

Explorer

Yeah, to be honest im also disappointed with the quality of super slow motion.

Super slow motion does not do well with low or dingy lighting at all, i HAVE had it working and it did come out well, however it took me a good 10 minutes to get the ideal lighting and angle for it to be a reasonable quality video. Another thing that lets the super slow motion down is the amount of capture time. For now i am just using the normal slow motion feature which produces a better quality video and easier to use in most enviroments. I did a normal slow motion video comparison with my friends iphone 8 and in my opinion the iphone actually took a better quality standard slow motion video than the S9+ which was dissapointing especially when Samsung has boasted so much about their S9 models camera capabilities, it was also easier to use in on the iphone, even though i am a true android lover i have to give it to apple they have done a good job with there camera in all aspects including how easy it is to use, the shutter speed and the quality in what it captures.

I believe however with all that been said, this is a software issue and not a hardware problem, when you consider the quality and spec of hardware components in the S9 cameras. Hopefully Samsung releases a software update soon which fixes the issues.

Screenshot_20180415-101915_Video Player.jpg

Top Liked Authors