Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

I CANNOT believe the most important new "feature" in the upcoming update for a "flagship smartphone" is the ability to..... make bloody calls without interruptions!!!

I just hope this update will be the last update that fixes it so can all move on with our lives. 

Navigator

I installed the update yesterday and I've noticed the phone performing smoother after a couple hours. No call drops, black crush still not fixed, SD card error has gone but that fixed for me when I changed from sandisk to samsung sd card.

Explorer

I got the call audio drop. granted I haven't updated yet, but already regretting turning off the "mono" fix :smileyfrustrated:

Voyager
Still Samsung should have announced publicly instead of this secret update and in my opinion offering a voucher of compensation for users like me who basically did the beta testers for 2 months since D1. I'm a bit disappointed anyway
Explorer

For the people in UK, could we run a VPN to download the update, or is it better just waiting for the ota, hopefully it's due out soon here too 

Explorer

@alesmira82 wrote:
Still Samsung should have announced publicly instead of this secret update and in my opinion offering a voucher of compensation for users like me who basically did the beta testers for 2 months since D1. I'm a bit disappointed anyway

I know where you're coming from, but

to be honest, the fact that they have fixed it is enough for me. That being said, some form of compensation would be nice albeit unlikely:smileyindifferent:

Also, to announce it publicly would be admitting that there was an issue, which I'm guessing Samsung just don't want to do yet. 

Apprentice

I tried updating using 2 different vpn's here in the UK set to Spain and Italy and still getting the message 'no update available'.

Voyager
Try with ireland..maybe you get lucky...
Adnaan try turning the mono back on for now.😅
Navigator

Screenshot_20180501-111048_Software update.jpg

Ireland. About to install it. Will check it out and report back. Sounds very promising though. 

Voyager

@Adnaan wrote:

@alesmira82 wrote:

I know where you're coming from, but

to be honest, the fact that they have fixed it is enough for me. That being said, some form of compensation would be nice albeit unlikely:smileyindifferent:

Also, to announce it publicly would be admitting that there was an issue, which I'm guessing Samsung just don't want to do yet. 

My deduction is simply that Samsung is not serious, that's the simple incontrovertible fact. They didn't announce the fix (if this is really the fix, because we don't know it yet), they didn't give any timeline, they didn't give any description in this last update either, they didn't offer any sort of compensation yet, so my idea is that, yes thanks for solving it (if they really did) but this was DUE, it was not a favour they did us, or some kind of candy they give us. This fix was obliged, necessary and they did it (if it works) too late, so I still expect some kind of compensation for being their beta testers.

Top Liked Authors