Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Voyager

I've been posting comments on all the youtubers videos that are reviewing the Samsung S9/+ 

To point out that they are not mentioning the BIG ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!!

I've been providing a link to my video that shows the link back to this forum topic

Please guys if you have this problem get posting that your phone drops out on every freekin' call and cut and paste a link to this thread on every Samsung S9/+ video review you can find

We need to really get the message out as quickly as possible I think If we  bombard YouTube review videos in the comments this could massively help to achieve that end.  The review videos are watched by 10s of thousands 

If as many of us as possible comment on those videos it's going to escalate very quickly

First Poster

So after visiting the store today and being told they have never heard of the issue I decided to call Samsung direct. The person I spoke to instantly knew about the issue, he even said he has the same problem on his S9. He said he was surprised the store didn't admit to knowing about it as internally all staff have been briefed and been made aware. He said they are supposed to tell us Samsung is aware of the problem and working on a fix. He couldn't say when it will be available.

I feel like this is a much bigger problem than Samsung are letting on. Samsung have been making phones for a long time now and are experinced enough to 1. not launch a phone in this state and 2. they have the software resources to have fixed this by now. I really feel like this is hardware and a recall is coming.

I decided not to find out the hard way and Samsung have agreed to allow me to return it for a refund. I will go back to my S7 for now, if they ever fix the issue I will just buy it again.

Voyager

@djleecharles wrote:

I've been posting comments on all the youtubers videos that are reviewing the Samsung S9/+ 

To point out that they are not mentioning the BIG ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!!

I've been providing a link to my video that shows the link back to this forum topic

Please guys if you have this problem get posting that your phone drops out on every freekin' call and cut and paste a link to this thread on every Samsung S9/+ video review you can find

We need to really get the message out as quickly as possible I think If we  bombard YouTube review videos in the comments this could massively help to achieve that end.  The review videos are watched by 10s of thousands 

If as many of us as possible comment on those videos it's going to escalate very quickly

Hi I'm doing exactly the same on all reviews videos. I think this is the best way to spread the word and make everyone aware so Samsung will speed up and above all acknowledge it and hopefully fix it and give us a refund to apologize

Voyager

@s4vva wrote:

So after visiting the store today and being told they have never heard of the issue I decided to call Samsung direct. The person I spoke to instantly knew about the issue, he even said he has the same problem on his S9. He said he was surprised the store didn't admit to knowing about it as internally all staff have been briefed and been made aware. He said they are supposed to tell us Samsung is aware of the problem and working on a fix. He couldn't say when it will be available.

I feel like this is a much bigger problem than Samsung are letting on. Samsung have been making phones for a long time now and are experinced enough to 1. not launch a phone in this state and 2. they have the software resources to have fixed this by now. I really feel like this is hardware and a recall is coming.

I decided not to find out the hard way and Samsung have agreed to allow me to return it for a refund. I will go back to my S7 for now, if they ever fix the issue I will just buy it again.

Hi do you mean they allow you to return it even if not anymore in the terms? I'm out of terms so I'm interested if they allow this

Explorer

Hi all

so randomly today Samsung rang me to arrange a return and they will swap out for a new phone. They had relictreluc agreed this last week but said I would need to post phone to them and that it would then take up to two weeks for a replacement device.

Had left it as thought I will wait until a proper fix can be done. Samsung rang today and said they will do a same day swap at my house... They are aware of this issue and I think are now trying to get ahead of it before the story really takes off... 

Will keep you posted once the new phone is here on Wednesday.

Voyager

@Yusufvali wrote:

Hi all

so randomly today Samsung rang me to arrange a return and they will swap out for a new phone. They had relictreluc agreed this last week but said I would need to post phone to them and that it would then take up to two weeks for a replacement device.

Had left it as thought I will wait until a proper fix can be done. Samsung rang today and said they will do a same day swap at my house... They are aware of this issue and I think are now trying to get ahead of it before the story really takes off... 

Will keep you posted once the new phone is here on Wednesday.

Not clear why Samsung proposes replacements when all phones are affected and this is pretty clear by now...it seems just a way to take time. I'm sure you're going to post here soon that also your new phone as I'm sure has the issue. Of course I wish you're not going to experience it with the new one but I'm afraid it's going to happen

First Poster

My view was this - I have a faulty phone that I have given Samsung the oppurtunity to repair. Samsung cannot fulfil their responsability and repair it as by their own admission they are 'working on a software fix'. Therefore my rights as a consumer mean they have to offer a refund. It might also be beacuse I am only a couple days past the deadline.

Voyager
Sorry to hear that, i think samsung is playing smart by posting here and admitting on the phone because they do not want to post anything in written. This forum, to be frankly speaking is not a samsung aprroved site as per samsung support. That's what i was told in the initial days.... during my last call I was told that they are aware of and acknowledging the issue and will call me back soon to further discuss, i still didn't receive any call from any of them as promised. Extremely unprofessional of them...A phone that cannot make calls properly and it took them more than a month to accept it...despite providing proof of the issue, they made me travel to the samsung store..and kept on isisting over and over again.I am an international student in australia and very new to this country. I carry my old iphone and a pin just to change the replace the sim whenever i have to take a long call. Isn't this a sort of harrassment as a customer? I feel extremely offended now to be honest. End of this month, and i would do anything and everything possible to spread the word...be it press, formus or social media or legal if required.
Apprentice
Burn the social media with #callissuesSamsung or where ever.
Navigator

Reddit is also a place to post this issue. It spreads like fire there.

Top Liked Authors