Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Voyager

Can any one please pass me the link to the australia community..i have no clue where i should head from here.

Thanks

Explorer

Hello from Sweden!

I'm on my second phone and have the same problem with it, dropping calls. 
The first phone I got with the pre-sale and got it 8th of Mars, I got PCB replaced on it. It didn't make any difference, the second time my first phone went to the workshop they said that the couldn't find anything. One month did pass but luckily I could return the phone to my mobile carrier. Then I ordered I new phone (which I have new) and got it 20th of April. 

I have talked to Samsung (Stockholm) and they are still gathering more information about this issue. But I asked them directly if they are admitting the problem and he said like "yeah, we have received some calls about this". 
I questioned them what I should do. Because I got it 20/4 and have 14 days (until 5th of May) to decide if I want to return the phone or not. The support said they are working on it (but yeah they are not finished with gathering the information yet) and if they haven't published a new version before 4th of May I should return it, "do the safe before the unsafe" was his words... 
And this sucks because I don't want to return it (I really like the s9+ except for the phone calls) but I want a proper phone. So I will wait one week or so, and if nothing happens I will return it, follow the news and maybe buy one again in May or June - if the issue is resolved. 

Explorer

@Sofia92 wrote:

Hello from Sweden!

I'm on my second phone and have the same problem with it, dropping calls. 

I have talked to Samsung (Stockholm) and they are still gathering more information about this issue. But I asked them directly if they are admitting the problem (because with my first phone they didn't even admit it and just said that they couldn't find anything), and he said like "yeah, we have received some calls about this". 
I questioned them what I should do. Because I got it 20/4 and have 14 days (until 5th of May) to decide if I want to return the phone or not. The support said they are working on it (but yeah they are not finished with gathering the information yet) and if they haven't published a new version before 4th of May I should return it, "do the safe before the unsafe" was his word... 
And this sucks because I don't want to return it (I really like the s9+ except for the phone calls) but I want a proper phone. So I will wait one week or so, and if nothing happens I will return it, follow the news and maybe buy one again in May or June - if the issue is resolved. 

that sucks Sofia, hopefully you have some luck. I bought mines from Amazon, and they have advised that I should wait for the updates, and if it still isn't fixed, I should return it for a full refund (regardless of how long it takes) I'm so glad I cancelled my order from Samsung and instead bought the phone from Amazon :smileyhappy:

Explorer

The guy I spoke to at Samsung said it's a known issue.  I'm on my second phone, New SIM, none of my usual Apps.  Still the same issue.  I run a business so it's really embarrassing.  I reported it again and was told to try another new SIM and the problem was probably with my carrier who are EE.  It's not a problem with EE it's a problem with Samsung.  Contemplating returning to the iPhone.  

Explorer

The guy I spoke to at Samsung said it's a known issue.  I'm on my second phone, New SIM, none of my usual Apps.  Still the same issue.  I run a business so it's really embarrassing.  I reported it again and was told to try another new SIM and the problem was probably with my carrier who are EE.  It's not a problem with EE it's a Samsung problem.

Voyager

@Yusufvali wrote:

Hi 

thanks for replying - from what i know - its not a limited number of devices. There are people here who are on 3rd or 4th handsets still with the same issue. I have reported my issue to Samsung tech and also the Samsung store, and in truth no one really wants to help. Not sure why its taken such a long time for anyone to acknowledge this issue, but if you look at your own forums and others on the web, this seems to be an issue worldwide, and its not limited to a small amout of users.

Lets hope samsung can either fix the issue, or start offering replacement handsets to all those affected

or refund if the issue cannot be solved!

Apprentice

I'm Malaysia user here. Samsung Malaysia dont have the community forum. I had contacted Samsung customer care and basically they have no idea what is the caused. They always told me i'm the first customer who reported this. 

For me, the call drop is not always and it happened frequently only when i connected to my car player via bluetooth. I don't have the issue with my previous iphone 7 plus. 

Explorer

It's not a problem with the sim. The support asked me as well "have you tried another sim?" and I said that I have changed the sim twice and both sims I tried in my iPhone and nothing of this happened. I have also tried to follow different steps to "solve" it, nothing solves it. 

Happy that I found this conversation, a have a lot of frustration and finally someone that can relate 😁

Voyager

I am stunned that it's only a limited number of S9/+ phones

I'm on my 3rd phone and some are on 4,5...I think the highest number is their 7th phone

More and more people are getting replacement after replacement all doing the same thing

Surely on returns alone Samsung must be seeing something is really wrong?

First Poster
I was in the Samsung store today looking to exchange my phone (I hadn't come across this forum at the time). I asked if anyone else had reported the problem and their response was something along the lines of no never heard of this, maybe it's your network! IT seems to me that Samsung know full well there is an issue and they are not saying anything as they have no idea how to fix it. This is looking increasingly like a hardware problem. I am just outside of the 30 day return period too, I wish I had gone with my instincts and returned it sooner.
Top Liked Authors