Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

Strange that Samsung have told me that a Specific update for the S9 is yet to be released, but a lot of people have said the recent release has already cured the problem. Very Strange.  Come on Samsung, let us know what's really going on!  Very Poor Customer Service.

Explorer
Have done all the updates and the rituals of jumping around a tree on the third lunar calendar... but the silences still persist along with the call drop outs. I make about 20 calls a day.. it happens in about 3 to 4 currently

Samsung don't really care so just have to live with this faulty product

Lost faith in Samsung. Going back to Apple. Atleast basic funtion works which is to MAKE CALLS.

I am scared to attend an important call. Each and everytime calls go silent.

ITS A SHAME SAMSUNG HAS MAJOR ISSUES WITH FLAGSHIPS. 

Explorer

No I haven't had one either and have rang both samsung and o2 and each blame the other .. o2 saying they haven't got an update and samsung saying it's up to my service provider to release it .. and this is the ard4 im talking about .. it's getting beyond a joke 

Voyager

@Niikic wrote:

No I haven't had one either and have rang both samsung and o2 and each blame the other .. o2 saying they haven't got an update and samsung saying it's up to my service provider to release it .. and this is the ard4 im talking about .. it's getting beyond a joke 

Any chance you folks that have not yet had the update can post a screenshot of your latest update?

Here's a screenshot of mine which has the update

Screenshot_20180514-031529_Software update.jpg

Voyager

@Yusufvali wrote:
Have done all the updates and the rituals of jumping around a tree on the third lunar calendar... but the silences still persist along with the call drop outs. I make about 20 calls a day.. it happens in about 3 to 4 currently

Samsung don't really care so just have to live with this faulty product

Yusuf its really annoying me that you are still having problems! You and I have been in the same miserable boat and its bugging me that I haven't had 1 dropout or silence now since May 5th and yours isn't cured! 

Can you post a screenshot of your software update is it exactly the same as the one I posted above? 

Explorer

Screenshot_20180514-033912_Software update.jpgOnly update i have

Voyager

20180514_124906.jpg

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THIS UPDATE THEN YOU WILL FACE THE ISSUE. YOU MAY NEED TO WAIT FOR FOR IT TO ROLL OUT... *THE ARCC UPDATE IS NOT THR LATEST...ARD4/ARD6 IS.

IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON THIS UPDATE THEN YOU NEED TO SOFT RESET AND THEN HARD RESET YOUR PHONE, WORST CASE VISIT THE STORE AND RECREATE THE ISSUE AND ASK FOR A REPLACEMENT. THE ARD4/6 UPDATE HAS SOLVED THE ISSUE FOR ALMOST 99PERCENT HERE INCLUDING MINE. IT ROLLED OUT 2 WEEKS BACK FOR ME. ANYONE STILL NOT ON THE UPDATE CAN GIVE VPN A TRY TO GET THE OS FROM IRELAND AS ONE OF THE MEMBER FROM UK SUCCESSFULLY DID THAT

Apprentice

this is the issue with Samsung. There are so many firmwares just for the same model (S9+). We have to wait for Samsung to release batch by batch. Unlike iOS release firmware update is for the particular model is at the same time. Even the firmware file is the same across the countries for the same model.

Explorer

Hi Charles  @djleecharles

Thanks for the concern. Please see below the attached screenshot. I have the s9 on UK 02 network. Wife has the s9 plus both have been swapped for new phones.. but both have this problem.  Wife does not worry about it too much.. As she makes less calls than me.... So not a huge issue for her... but for me it is. After this experience am actually thinking will now in future stick  to a google phone or other brand.

Thanks for the message. Screenshot_20180514-083952_Software update.jpg

Top Liked Authors