Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

Update just arrived to my S9+ UK unbranded. I'll report back later.

Apprentice

I updated my DBT firmware using the UK one. Worked like a charm. No dropped calls or any other call topics. Thumbs up! 

Navigator
Update for UK open market devices is OUT!
Voyager

Made a 50 minute international call and it was flawless...also massive a bump in voice quality 

Apprentice
Of course, it is understandable that Samsung's update policy and communication cannot be considered positive. I do not assume that the device was put on the market to test it in mass. Basically, all manufacturers are struggling with such a release cycle. Before one as a manufacturer a statement must be clarified, at what the error actually lies, software or hardware and how one deals then in the connection with it. We are all adults and know what we are getting into when we are the first users to buy the device. This is exactly our chance to build up such pressure in a community. Objectively and purposefully. A daily whine doesn't help. Those who cannot cope with this have the option to return the device at any time and have a look at another device or another manufacturer. I don't want to classify any manufacturers as bad, yet everyone is struggling with such issues. At the end of the day it is important that the problem is recognised and resolved, perhaps also by our emphasis, which should always be objective.

Just an idea
Explorer

@Stef78 wrote:

Sorry, maybe you buy a device at 950 Euros to do beta tests, not me.

Well unfortunately, if you're one of ones to buy a first batch you are a beta tester whether you like it or not. It's then up to you to choose whether to pay that much.

Look at all the big phone releases lately . iPhone X, pixel 2, 1plus 5T .. They all had major issues and they were all handled the way Samsung have handled this. It's no different. So let's stop complaining if you choose to ignore history.

Let's not also forget that Samsung did release an update early on trying to fix it but didn't work and had to go back to the drawing board. I'm not saying it is acceptable, but it's the norm now and it's our choice whether to jump in on the pre-ordered. If you want your voice to be heard, stop pre-ordering devices.

Like I said, it's not acceptable but at least Samsung recognised the issue and have been working on fixing it. People on forums just lose their minds and stay to have unrealistic expectations on things. And that's exactly why Samsung guys have been reluctant to give more details, because of they are off, even by a little, people on here will have them hung.

Navigator

@zee54

Samsung did not recognize the problem. No official announcement has been made. I would like it to be official to make my life easier with my reseller but it is not the case.

For me it's definitive, I will NEVER buy Samsung products.

Explorer

@SamCarter wrote:
Of course, it is understandable that Samsung's update policy and communication cannot be considered positive. I do not assume that the device was put on the market to test it in mass. Basically, all manufacturers are struggling with such a release cycle. Before one as a manufacturer a statement must be clarified, at what the error actually lies, software or hardware and how one deals then in the connection with it. We are all adults and know what we are getting into when we are the first users to buy the device. This is exactly our chance to build up such pressure in a community. Objectively and purposefully. A daily whine doesn't help. Those who cannot cope with this have the option to return the device at any time and have a look at another device or another manufacturer. I don't want to classify any manufacturers as bad, yet everyone is struggling with such issues. At the end of the day it is important that the problem is recognised and resolved, perhaps also by our emphasis, which should always be objective.

Just an idea

Exactly what he said.

Unfortunately all new tech have issues like this. If you choose to ignore that then that's up to you.  I for one try to wait before buying a new release to avoid things just like this, but this time I couldn't wait any longer for a new phone.

First Poster

I am from India and have been using the device for almost 2 months now. I have been facing this issue from beginning. Any idea when the update is going to arrive in India?

Explorer

@Stef78 wrote:

@zee54

Samsung did not recognize the problem. No official announcement has been made. I would like it to be official to make my life easier with my reseller but it is not the case.

For me it's definitive, I will NEVER buy Samsung products.

Did Google or Apple make official statements regarding issues with the Pixel 2 or iPhone X?  Even if they did, it would have been much further down the line when it couldn't be covered up anymore.

You have to understand that they have probably sold millions of these devices and the problem is affecting only a portion on them. Or at least only a small portion have raised their concerns about it. I mean none of the major tech websites had reported it. So you have to take things relatively.

It's not ideal but at least they have dealt with the problem without a recall.

Top Liked Authors