Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Voyager

@s4vva wrote:
I completely agree. For me it's always when moving, if I remain still it's OK. Also calls are often better in areas with fewer masts. In areas with plenty of masts like central London it's awful.

I just said that it happens ALSO when I am not moving and also another user said the same, so please your theory that it works well not moving is wrong.

First Poster
Yeah I didn't really mean it works well, I should have said better, but in any case it's completely unacceptable and something is fundamentally wrong with the phone. I have sent mine back for a refund now and back on my S7. If anything it feels strange have long stable phone calls lol I keep expecting the calls to go silent.
Navigator

SAME S9, SAME settings but NO SILENCES FOR 7 DAYS. Whoo Hoo!

After 4 weeks of great frustration and two replacement S9s. 

Problem is now FIXED for my current lifestyle tho it may reoccur if I travel to where you live and use your service provider and networks.

FYI, all 3 x S9's with silence on calls had intermittent silences regardless of how stationary I was or not.

Now one of the same S9s in same locations has NO SILENCES! Happy Days.

Apprentice

Can you try something for me? Does it solve after a reboot? Today I had to reboot once because of the reminder 'stuck' in the notification and I could have force close it, but I decided to reboot. And neither after the reboot nor before it, today I haven't experienced the silence issue.

I called Samsung hotline, it was 9 minutes on the loudspeaker, in my flat, not walking, and it didn't happen. Earlier I was on the bus talking about 5 mins, no problem.

May the reboot 'solve' the issue?

Apprentice
Ah, and their advice was to try another SIM card and if the problem still persist, do a backup and a factory reset.
Voyager

Oh if only life was that easy

Hey guys just turn it off and turn it back on again

Seriously?

Navigator

So , I'm on handset 3 ....called samsung Tec for the third time , I refused to get off the phone until they told me something or send me a different samsung until they had the fix ....25 minutes later and two sound drops ! ... They went away and came back and said they are working on it ! ..... yeah I know that much ! Omg ! 

So he said he would get a manager to call after I threatened with legal action as the product does not serve it's purpose and I am now outside the refund time , they called back and a manager is to call me later today,  I'm going to demand another phone as I don't have another to use as I part exchanged my S6 edge because they offered alot more than it was worth ( a deal they were doing ) .

I'll report back with what this outcome is but to inform everyone they have not made the update yet to fix and are still trying to work it out .....six weeks now ....this is telling me they are stalling now to get there next move ready before they go public , for all you saying it's fixed by changing networks , it's effecting lots of networks and for the handset to be incompatible with so many different network providers is unrealistic , there's a bigger picture to this .....everyone needs to call samsung Tec and inundate them with complaints and don't settle for excuses or them saying we will uprate your issue ...it's rubbish , they are stalling.....demand to speak to someone else higher than a guy sitting at a computer with a list of things to say , they aren't really Tec they are call centre ops. 

We all need to make this a real pain fit them so get calling .

Explorer

Just had Samsung call me on the phone and the call cut out for about 5 secs.  The Tech Support bloke says they are fully aware of the problem and that a remedy is only days away.  There should be an update coming soon!  Don't hold your breath!!!!

First Poster

A man in Estonia was asked for a new firmware, says that in the course of 5 days there were no problems12727007.jpg12727017.jpg

Voyager

@Hanks1878 wrote:

Just had Samsung call me on the phone and the call cut out for about 5 secs.  The Tech Support bloke says they are fully aware of the problem and that a remedy is only days away.  There should be an update coming soon!  Don't hold your breath!!!!

Really? This is a great news if true. So days away means by beginning of May. Why do they don't reassure everyone publicly then?! It's cool they called you and you had the problem during the call, at least they live experienced the issue. Let's hope they are been honest and truthful with you and with us too. Fingers crossed then

Top Liked Authors