Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

Finally got the BRE5 update in Malaysia. I hope it included also the fixed for call drop issue. Will test it for few days. 

below is the change log:Screenshot_20180531-063442_Software update.jpg

First Poster

Finally the BRE5 and BRE3 update has arrived for Vodafone India!! I hope this solves the voice silent problem.

Navigator

Firmware BRE5 for O2 devices is finally out

G965FXXU1BRE5/G965FOTF1BRE3/G965FXXU1BRE3/G965FXXU1BRE5

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/SM-G965F/O2U/download/G965FXXU1BRE5/220791/

Let us know!

Explorer

Had this update since last week... Whilst it has improved the silence issue .... The silent patches do still happen during calls... Just not as often as before.... But it's still an issue.

Navigator

So the BRE5 is out now for o2 ....haven't had many calls yet but it's now got another fault,  it's drops blue tooth connection all the time , I know it's the phone because when I go back to my S8 plus it's fine ....just about done with this rubbish phone 

Explorer

have got this update  - use the phone a lot on bluetooth - it works fine - maybe which you probably already have done un pair and repair to blueetooth device. Try a few other devices. If it is still the same problem then yeah def something on the phone

Navigator
Yusufvali .... I use my s8 plus on the same Bluetooth device and it's perfect, I've paired my S9 to 3 different Bluetooth handsfree kits ( my job is supplying and installing them ) and it's got issues with everyone of them .....definitely a fault on the phone, I've found a chat about others with Bluetooth issues too
Explorer

I can't believe I'm STILL waiting for the ARD4 update..on vodaphone in the UK. This is getting ridiculous now. The only reason I didn't get rid of the phone months ago was because I bought it online from a company not based in the UK so wanted to avoid the hassle. But I am surprised I'm still waiting for this update in June. Please sort it out Samsung!

Apprentice

I got my S9 back yesterday after it was sent off for repair by John Lewis, and so far it seems to be working as we’d all expect a brand new flagship smartphone to work. I’ve only made a couple of phone calls today but so far no call drop outs.

The repair service replaced the ‘Main Board’ (I expect they mean Mother Board) – I don’t want to speculate that there was an actual hardware fault at the moment as the phone also came back loaded with the latest firmware so it’d be difficult if not impossible to pin down the actual cause in this case. Unfortunately the repair service didn’t report back the specifics of any fault found, only that they changed the board out. Personally I suspect there was nothing wrong with the board and the latest firmware has fixed the issue – I’ll make some calls and see what I can find out.

I’m on Vodafone SIM only, maybe that’s why I’ve got the update whilst others are still waiting.

Firmware: G960FXXU1BRE5/G960FOXM1BRE3/G960FXXU1BRE3

Voyager

@Perivale wrote:

I can't believe I'm STILL waiting for the ARD4 update..on vodaphone in the UK. This is getting ridiculous now. The only reason I didn't get rid of the phone months ago was because I bought it online from a company not based in the UK so wanted to avoid the hassle. But I am surprised I'm still waiting for this update in June. Please sort it out Samsung!

So sad you are still without update

I tried my best with my you tube videos to try and get my message out. But short of 1000 views and 21 like didn't really raise the storm for Samsung I had hoped :(

Maybe we are all just stuck in an alternate reality and the big YouTubers with 45K, 250K? views that think the Galaxy S9/+ is the best thing since sliced bread are in the real world! haha!

Top Liked Authors