Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

Morning all, how's everyone doing?

Sucks that some of you guys are still having problems, I have been very lucky. Not one single drop since the original ard4 update, now on BRE5 and luckily, still no issues, if anything the phone seems smoother, and the call quality a lot clearer. If it helps at all, my phone is SIM free (unbranded) and I am using a 3 sim.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Hello. So I wasnt here for a moment...Till this weekend i was waiting and making a lot of complains to my network operator as in my branded phone I was still on the CC update...This weekend i went to Samsung brand service and they loaded me and unbranded software with the official guarantee of course. So now I am on BRE5 unbranded and the calls are lot crispier, there are no silences and dropouts, (only one silence about 5 sec in the first call, but seemed like a network interference. I will report back after more calls.

Voyager

@soullesstrance wrote:

Hello. So I wasnt here for a moment...Till this weekend i was waiting and making a lot of complains to my network operator as in my branded phone I was still on the CC update...This weekend i went to Samsung brand service and they loaded me and unbranded software with the official guarantee of course. So now I am on BRE5 unbranded and the calls are lot crispier, there are no silences and dropouts, (only one silence about 5 sec in the first call, but seemed like a network interference. I will report back after more calls.

Many like me are on the Samsung upgrade scheme all those phones are unlocked. Mine is one of these so is unbranded (and BRE5 has sadly forked it up)

Voyager
Thanks for the update update batman... I'm sceptical about updating because the new update seemed to have caused the issue to resurface for lee😅
Voyager

Ants..Is there any way to roll back to the previous update?

Apprentice

Ants, did Samsung have any plan to release new update to solve the call drop issue happened on BRE5 ?

Fm Singapore, S9+,

Was on ARCC since Apr (lots of silences but no drop calls),

and a new update BRE6 (426Mb) was downloaded OTA on 11 Jun.

No silence or drop call experienced so far.

Seems battery life improved. Hope this helps.

Firmware release date :

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s9-plus/SM-G965F/

Navigator

Least in Singapore  you have new update, EE UK CSC code EVR still on ARCC baseband, I'd like to keep VOLTE and wifi calling so not flashing debranded version but then I'd  like call drop fix and black crush issue that's solved on BRE5/BRE6 just hope EE rolls it out this week!!!!!

Apprentice

I’ve given it a couple of weeks and it appears that I’m still suffering the same call volume level dropping on calls but not as bad as it has been in the past – it’s still very frustrating at times.

I’ve always had the same problem whatever firmware version I’ve been using – unbranded phone, Vodafone SIM only contract.

So are we expecting yet another update after BRE5?

I make several VOIP calls a week at the moment and I don’t have any problems on those calls.

Navigator

Is there anyone who has not got this update yet ? Still running ARCC/ARD1 ??

Top Liked Authors