Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Highlighted
Apprentice

Ok…I just made a 38 minute phone call to a landline with Wi-Fi calling also enabled. The phone still dropped call volume level several times during the call but this time for just a couple of seconds at a time…I think this reflects someone else’s earlier post confirming the same. It appears that the problem is still there but greatly reduced…

At least my phone is now mostly useable after three months!..Shheeesh Samsung this really is a p…s poor show! You should be ashamed.

First Poster
What ever updates you have done it hasn't worked with my phone. It still dropping calls, getting messages about apps closing when not in use, always closes Google app when in use, now Bluetooth works on some products not all. Voicemail icon still on stating I have 2 messages even after settings done by Samsung technician and factory resetting. 2 months now on a 3 year contract with a mobile provider that has the worst customer service ever. So I'm stuck😡😡
First Poster

I am on Optus network in Australia and I have installed the latest update ARD1 available on my phone. I am still facing the issue and happens a multiple number of times during a call. It happens during important conversations with clients and I miss bits and parts of the conversation which annoys everyone. Today it caused me huge loss as well. Has anyone found a solution? Kindly help. Thanks.

Voyager
I am in Australia and the latest update is ard4...not sure why you are stuck on ard1. I purchased mine directly from samsung though...
Voyager
The ard1 has issues.. i had the same issue until i got the ard4 update. Contact samsung on phone, ask them if any of their service centre can manually install ard4 for you. Go in only if they confirm that they can update ard4...reinstalling ard1, clearing mem, formatting ..nothing will help..ARD4 is the only solution
Voyager
Try a vpn for ireland..it works..one user from uk did that..got the update ahead of all uk users
First Poster

I have ard4 and that's what made my phone worse

Apprentice

the latest firmware now is BRE5 which include dual VoLTE sim at the same time. Malaysia did not receive any ARD4 update but straightaway getting the BRE5. After the update since last Thursday, i perform the factory default reset. I only experience 1 call drop so far and the call is connecting to car audio bluetooth. In the middle of the call, the voice of the receiver suddenly become high pitch sound for few seconds and then the call has dropped. Will test for another few days see how it is going.

No call drop so far when the phone is not connected to any bluetooth device.

Apprentice

So just on an important phone call from my son's school and yep the phone hangs up...im on the latest update so hasn't totally fixed the issue's...it really is a hell of an issue that dos'nt seem to be getting much attention!so far not enjoying my experiences with the s9+ now getting nervous everytime i get a phone call....NOT IMPRESSED!

Explorer

Same I'm on the latest update everything was going well then first call drop today and also noticed only getting some missed calls notifications not all .. and when playing music from mobile to car cuts out 

Top Liked Authors