Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

As far as I am aware the latest update samsung has pushed out ends in ARD4 so im a little confused about the version ending BRE strange 

Voyager
The ard4 was relased after arcc update which resolved the call dropping issue for most of us worldwide including mine. But sadly ard4 didn't solve the issue for o2 users and a few others. The BRE is a new version which some have claimed to have received recently and if I'm not wrong, then the BRE hasn't solved the issue for you guys..
Apprentice

Well if this isn't sorted out by the date o2 said I'll be swopping my phone iv been a massive samsung supporter since the galaxy range started I also had the note 7 in which I had to return.iv had nothing but problems samsung please sort it 

Navigator

O2 branded devices in UK are still on ARD1 guys, not yet received the latest updates.

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/SM-G965F/O2U/

Apprentice

what is the changelog for BRE ? In Malaysia, we are still in ARD1 which is 2 versions behind. 

Explorer

So have had this BRE update for about a week now. Generally it has improved the mid silences - so instead of getting them virtually everyday - the silences now are every few days. Just had a phone call now - and mid way thru it goes blank again for about 10secs and then the call returns. Am on 02 network - but quite ridiculous that this is still an ongoing problem - months after launch. Samsung now are offering free wireless chargers to vodaphone customers and people who buy directly from them - yet for customers who have to put up with their lies and rubbish - samsung offers them absolutely nothing. Strange world we live in.

Voyager

Build Number : G965FXXU1BRE5

Android version : Oreo(Android 8.0.0)

Release Date : 2018-05-29
· Improved performance. - VoLTE, VoWIFI
· Dual VoLTE/VoWIFI service is available for both of the SIM cards in the dual SIM slots.
( ※ The service is provided only to dual SIM devices and can still be limited depending on the service operator for each SIM card. )
· The security of your device has been improved.

O2 customers are very unlucky with this phone :(

Explorer

maybe samsung should stop advertising and promoting it on 02 if it cannot get it to work.  Just spoke to 02 - they have no date for an update - but have stated that it has affected lots of their customers. So my only adivce is to keep calling 02 every other week to complain - hopefully that puts pressure on Samsung to find a fix.  If anyone from Samsung actually reads these forums - this is super shoddy from samsung - really makes you not want to own a samsung ever again - especially as the lies just keep coming from samsung

Voyager

@Sofia92 wrote:

Hi, 

I'm on my third Samsung s9+ and got the latest version of the software (25th of May) G965FXXU1BRE5/G965FOXM1BRE3/G965FXXU1BRE3. The call stability has been improved a lot but here and there the call can drop for a split second (maybe 1-2 sec), so the problem isn't resolved 100 %. 

Jeepers!

The ARD update fixed my silence problem and today the BRE is available to download but it doesn't sound like its any better than ARD if not worse?

Do I download BRE or stick with ARD4?

Decisions? Decisions? What to do? What to do?

Highlighted
Voyager
update!
Top Liked Authors