Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

AntS Moderator

Cheers, guys.

To briefly touch on a few points:

@Mickyp64: Hi Mickyp64. Yes, I do work for Samsung: I'm Samsung UK/Ireland's Community Lead. (My first post in the Introduce Yourself Thread gives a very brief, potted history of my time at Samsung, if you're curious.)

And along with the details, I'm also reporting on/feeding back your specific experiences and what you guys have been feeling about this issue. 

@CyCheang: The combination of factors (including regional variations) determining software rollouts mean that we're unable to advise on any timescales for you folks, sadly.

@Thewelt: Please let us know how things go if you do that reset.

@djleecharles: We'd love to see a celebration video from yourself - and very much agree on everyone jumping for joy before it can happen. Hope the other issue can be sorted for you too.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

another new update for Uk and Ireland. this update with PDA G965FXXU1BRE5

Hi Ants, what is so complex about the update to be roll out to the rest of the world ? iphone roll out firmware and it is available at the same time for the whole world. What is so complicated here for samsung.

The ARD4 roll out already halted since 9th May. 

I cannot stand of the call drop for most of the call. Unfortunately here don't have any policy like UK/US that we can change the phone within 30 days. And Samsung in Malaysia not really can do much rather than reflash the firmware to me.

Samsung please do something. This is my first Android phone and I think I wont buy any Samsung phone near future as the phone failed to perform the basic function like call.

Really disaapointed......

Voyager

I'm disappointed for you too :((

AntS Moderator

@CyCheang: We're disappointed about what's happened for you guys too. :robotsad:

@CyCheang wrote:

Hi Ants, what is so complex about the update to be roll out to the rest of the world ? iphone roll out firmware and it is available at the same time for the whole world. What is so complicated here for samsung.

I don't want to derail the thread into an off-topic discussion of Android versus iOS, but to give a brief answer to your question:

iOS is more closed; has less of a variety of devices to cater for; and has a much greater degree of centralised control in its overall development than Android - so iOS rollouts tend to be less complicated affairs than Android ones.

There’s pros and cons to both Operating Systems/approachs… as fair-minded folks and those who’ve used both of them for a period of time are likely to say. There's an interesting article that digs a bit deeper into "Android versus iOS" as regards updates here, and one giving a more general comparision of the two OS's here, if peeps want to check them out.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Voyager

Update BRE5 reached no branded devices in Italy and other countries yesterday and today.

Modem is now on BRE3 version!

First Poster

i still havent gotten the update notification but i realised today after dialling the *#0*# at the loop test i figured the first 2 options were there and when i clicked on them there was a slight sound as though my front speaker wants to pick up and goes mute again.. i am in nigeria and i sincerly hope they get to fix all of

@Segar wrote:

Update BRE5 reached no branded devices in Italy and other countries yesterday and today.

Modem is now on BRE3 version!

these isssues real soon.

Apprentice

Hi im on o2 and still no update samsung told me that o2 have the update but are not rolling it out for some reason but on the other hand o2 have said samsung havnt released it to them lol its a joke might be apple time 

Explorer

Am on 02 have consistently had this problem... However for the last week or so no silences mid call... Not sure if I can say that all is working fine now, but so far it seems to have sorted itself out. I have noticed more drop calls but whether this is a network issue or phone issue... God only knows... It's taken so much effort just to get calls to work that I now just redial people. Has most definitely put me off owning Samsung phones... And the next upgrade definitely won't be a Samsung device.

Explorer

Explorer

I'm the same and have been told that by Samsung and o2 on numerous occasions .. it's a blame game with them both .. yet im the one suffering as out of my 30 day period.. 4 phones later and still paying for a service that doesn't work .. they should be ashamed of themselves . NO HELP given whatsoever . I'm still sitting with the arcc update .. it's beyond a joke 

Top Liked Authors