Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Navigator

I think it's quieter because a lot have given up and using different phones. I'm on a different make now and just waiting for my full refund to appear in my account. 

Good luck

Voyager

I've been on this forum from the first week.. trust me I've spent more time on this forum than using this phone for anything else. This was my first android and the experience was just totally runied. But anyways the ard4 update fixed things for me. Summing up things for you guys:

Not everyone had this issue as for many their phones was compatible to some networks such as Vodafone india, vdafone Australia, telstra australia. (But there were a few from users complaining depending on different regions)

Understand that no sort of diagnostics is going to solve the issue for people on arcc update.

99 percent people stopped coming back to this forum because their issue has been resolved including mine.

People with ard4 but still having the issue are on O2. This means that s9 still has a compatibility issue with o2 and some other networks around the globe, Which i beleive is still a samsungs responsibility to fix.

The only thing resolving this issue should be another software update.

What you should do: get an assurance that the issue will be resolved or just ask for a refund as the product does not serve it's intended use.

Now that you are merely a few left behind, 

Contact and Ask samsung to respond in written or in a form of reference number that they achnowledge that they are working on the issue...if they disagree or you can't wait for another update, as for a refund. It's not a hardware fault... but the issue is how long they take to fix it for you.

Voyager

Yes, the issue has been resolved for most of us with ard4.

I've been here since the first week. No amount of diagnostic will solve the problem for the remaining of you. Either wait for another update, or send it back for a refund. 

First Poster

I'm on Vodafone (India) and the problem is very much there with me too. 

Sometimes there are 4-5 silences in a 3 minutes call and sometimes there are no silences even in a 10 minutes call.

But everytime I'm on an important call I literally pray to God that the silence does not happen as it  very embarrassing to ask the other person to repeat everything what they said in those 10 seconds.

The Samsung customer care in India is ignorant  of this problem or atleast they are very good actors. I have called them multiple number of times and everytime they ask me to troubleshoot which I'm sure they are also aware will not solve the problem.

This is definitely my first and last Samsung device and I hope the update comes out soon for us as I cannot afford another phone at the moment and Samsung will not take it back after 2 months of usage.

Any one out here knows when the update will come to India?

Apprentice

@Div wrote:

No amount of diagnostic will solve the problem for the remaining of you. Either wait for another update, or send it back for a refund. 

That is the conclusion I came to a couple of days ago. I fully expect my phone to come back with no issue found and to be left waiting for a further update from Samsung like the rest of us. I need to go through this process before the vendor (John Lewis) will consider a refund or exchange since I am past the 35 day return policy (they swopped out the original phone a few weeks ago on good will – I should have taken my chance to ditch the product then…Doh).

Highlighted
Navigator

I got mine direct from Samsung. It was over 2  months old. I just said I wanted a full refund as it wasn't fit for purpose. A phone that doesn't make phone calls. 

They didn't argue and just said no problem. Use the prepaid label and send it back. 

They know it's a rubbish product

Explorer

@tf2006 wrote:

I think it's quieter because a lot have given up and using different phones. I'm on a different make now and just waiting for my full refund to appear in my account. 

Good luck

That's not the case for me, phone is working as it should. No drops since the last update. 

Explorer

Has anyone in the UK on Vodaphone had the latest update yet? If so, has it fixed the problem? I'm so fed up of waiting.

Explorer

Just spoken to Samsung Customer Relations.  They said there is definitely an update coming out in the next few weeks. It's being rolled out on a Serial Number basis.  I have been told that I will get an email with the information of the update within a few days.  I will post it when I get it. 

Navigator
Hi Niiikic , I'm on that software you mentioned , I received my S8 plus from O2 to use untill they get a fix which they told me samsung can't give a date for .......the S8 plus is working amazing ....its seamless in it's actions which brings to light so many more issues I had with my S9 , the S9 is a really bad phone and now sits on my sideboard turned off ..... O2 have said they will give me compensation once they know I'm 100% happy when the S9 is fixed ..... talking firmly but politely is the way stressing all the hours you've spent and stress this phone has cause you when you complain
Top Liked Authors