Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Highlighted
Navigator

@BilalB wrote:

Maybe clearing the cache might work rather than doing a full factory reset .  My update is working fine and I have not done a reset. The speaker cut-out on the Sky Go app is still not resolved though which I can live with.

S9+ dual sim EE and Virgin. England.

Agree. I did a factory reset before the update hoping it would solve it. When the update was released I simply installed it and have had no problems since. 

Apprentice

alot of countries in south east asia not yet getting the update. Not sure why Samsung drag the release of ARD4 in south east asia country

Explorer

So, just come off the phone to Samsung Customer Relations.  Apparently the ARD4 update is just a general update for all Samsung phones and there should be a large update specifically for the S9 in a week or so.  Will just have to wait and see. 

Navigator

Hoping it's the 8.1 update. S9 been spotted running that version so fingers crossed !

Navigator

Doesn't matter if it's 8.1 a developed 8.3 or a futuristic  Stardate 9.9 if Samsung don't modify it so everyone on here can use their phones to make an interupted phone call.

Navigator

That is of course uninterrupted.............interrupted is what way too many people still have!

Explorer

For some.strange reason today nearly every call has had the silent issues and if it's not been that its been a drop call... Will finally do the factory reset tonight and then re download this new update with the hope of it working... But I don't have very much confidence that it will work. Shame of Samsung

Apprentice

After 8-10 shorter (2-5 minutes) calls, it looks OK for me. No strange silence during the call. The sound is crystal clear .

Also the missed call notification is fine after this update. Hope it will remain the same.

Hungary SM-960F Duos, network independent, update: G960FXXU1ARD4

Navigator

Here's something that might interest you lot ...I'm on o2 with an S9 in the UK,  I've not had the update yet and up untill a week and a half ago I had these issues , I had 3 new phones and none worked,  all had the call dropping,  but I went out of the country to Spain for four days two weeks ago and took my phone , when I arrived the phone switched networks to the local one , I didn't take any calls really while I was there but when I returned and it went back to o2 the call drop issue hasn't happened again ! ...... I'm not

Saying take your phones abroad but fingers crossed it's not had the issue now for a week and a half and I take at least 10 calls a day , one was 45 minutes long. 

Anyone else taken there phone out of the country and found it better ?

Explorer
On O2 with s9 took my phone to Tanzania Zanzibar and dubai early April.... Back here in UK still same problem... So not sure that will solve the issue. I get about 15 to 20 calls a day some weeks it's fine... Then all of sudden it's a huge issue.... Especially today where it's done the call silent and call drop constantly throughout the day. Doing factory re set now to see if thst makes any difference
Top Liked Authors