Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

It has been 2 days on latest update. No drops or silence so far. Hope goes on like that. 

Explorer

Thanks Misty71! It's been 24hrs now in the big S9+ house and happy to report it's STILL WORKING! Huzzah!

Have had a couple of super long calls on it and still no issue. Long may it continue!!

To those waiting on the update still, hang in there. You've waited this long and so far the fix is an actual fix. Feeling your pain but hang in there! At least you know there IS a fix on its way and none of us are in the dark anymore!! 

Navigator

Yes, the important thing is that the device model number matches witch the firmware you have downloaded!

Observer

Dear fellow problen barers, I am experiencing the same issue, sound going silent for a few seconds during a call and then coming back on, BUT I am using a dual-sim Huawei P Smart phone.

Makes me wonder about the focus on Samsung. Don't know what the problem is, but I'm looking into dual sim and VoLTE issues to find a solution. 

My carriers : KPN and Lebara (in the Netherlands)

Good luck to all

Voyager

@rdvanoverbeek wrote:

Dear fellow problen barers, I am experiencing the same issue, sound going silent for a few seconds during a call and then coming back on, BUT I am using a dual-sim Huawei P Smart phone.

Makes me wonder about the focus on Samsung. Don't know what the problem is, but I'm looking into dual sim and VoLTE issues to find a solution. 

My carriers : KPN and Lebara (in the Netherlands)

Good luck to all

Thanks

Interesting even though our problem has been also with single sim could it be Android Oreo? Is that possible?  I'm not techie enough to know

If it was maybe we (I)  can go easier on Sansung

Highlighted
Navigator

Well being an old  cynic I find it strange a Huawei user is on a Samsung forum to complain about an issue that has plagued them. 

My daughter in law has a Huawei P20 Pro and has no call issues as I've just asked her. Admittedly i think she got it for the free Bose headphones! She's on Vodafone UK. My wife has a Huawei P10 Plus with O2 and has never had an issue since she got it. 

Navigator
I think I'm just at a point where I don't trust Samsung & think they'll do anything to keep things corporately sweet rather than their customers happy.
But hopefully everyone is on the verge of getting this problem solved. If you haven't had the update, hope you get it in the next few days.
Trouble is that when you drop a call now, you're not sure if the problem is fixed or it's just a network issue!
But good luck fellow Samsung sufferers and enjoy the sun if you have it where you are!
Explorer

Samsung are in a mess.  I bought a S9+ on lauch day, wait 6 weeks for an update so I can actually make a call on it (now works) but then, Samsung release an update to the S7 and now my S7 is bricked as a result, it causes the batetry to roast on reboot after update and is a brick until battery expires.  Daughter picked it up and burnt herself.  Nice one SDamsung that was the S9+ and my trusted S7 your QA has messed up!!!!!  Guess now after 6 weeks on the S9 thread I need to move to the S7 thread where everyone is having this update brick - to say this is shocking is so much an understatement.

Navigator

Hope your daughter is alright. Think there needs to be a few lawsuits against them! 

Apprentice

This seems to be a global problem with the new S9 and S9+. I have experienced the sound lag when watching videos using the Sky Go app even after the latest call update, the problem with phone calls is now resolved after the update though. I emailed Samsung and went through their diagnostic procedure (Safe Mode, Reset etc.) but none of it has worked and they have referred me to a Support Centre which I doubt will be of any benefit and means me being without a phone for a while. Someone else posted that they were on their third S9+ and the problem is still the same. I think I will wait for a software patch and live with it in the meantime. Last time I buy Samsung.

Top Liked Authors