Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Explorer

All the watch that doesn't tell the time and a TV that doesn't have a picture aside... (I agree, it's messed up)

What about a business that lies to your face? A business that denies that there is a fault and that it's either your individual phone or your rubbish network? Why did they distract and lie and deceive for months? Why no official statement? Have they been paying off the press? Why have they gone out of their way to pull the wool over their loyal customers eyes and treat them like *****s? Making us all feel silly?

What on earth? Why treat us all with such disdain and gullibility?! 

Apprentice
Look kid , I and everyone would accept a phone with some flaws, BUT not the inability to make a phone call properly.
How much are you getting paid by samsung ? Are u a new employee? Huh..
Btw I said I will advise people, will.. after what happened to me .
And your employer should have at least announced that a fix is on the way.. not keeping all their customer service silent , and act like dummy heads like you do right now .. Ok kido peace
Highlighted
Apprentice

Look kid , I and everyone would accept a phone with some flaws, BUT not the inability to make a phone call properly.
How much are you getting paid by samsung ? Are u a new employee? Huh..
Btw I said I will advise people, will.. after what happened to me .
And your employer should have at least announced that a fix is on the way.. not keeping all their customer service silent , and act like dummy heads like you do right now Smiley Happy..Ok kido peace

Apprentice

CAN EVERYONE PLEASE STOP CONPLAINING AND ARGUEING WITH EACH OTHER?

Instead, let's all report on the fix for the newly released update so everyone can benefit from it. We all come here to seek a resolution, not to read your arguments about who's right and who wrong. PM each other instead if you feel inclined to do so. 

Thanks.

Explorer

Hear hear, Sdok! 

Quit the bickering and share who has the fix! 

Through all we've been through, we've done it TOGETHER! We've put up with all the frustration and now there's an actual fix and NOW you wanna start the backbiting! ENOUGH! 

Voyager

The dark parts of a picture or video appearing to be pixelated. That is black crush..mine is fine are you having that issue? Issues like those gets fixed with an update

Voyager

Second day after the fix. The phone is working flawlessly. I am happy. 

Explorer

Hi, haven't had the pixeling problem as yet.
I have implemented the update (UK) for the Silent/Dropped call problem and made a few calls in the car yesterday. I had two dropped calls, but am hoping it was a signal problem. Will report back when I make a few calls from one place.

Voyager

@Hanks1878 wrote:

Hi, haven't had the pixeling problem as yet.
I have implemented the update (UK) for the Silent/Dropped call problem and made a few calls in the car yesterday. I had two dropped calls, but am hoping it was a signal problem. Will report back when I make a few calls from one place.

I got the update late last night (UK) I will be making as many calls as possible over the next few days to test if its fixed. 

I hope that was a signal problem because if I get a couple of silences (maybe even just 1 silence?) I will cancel and return

Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth

I can honestly say I have never bought any gadget that I didn't expect to work. Be it a TV, microwave, watch, car, washing machine, console, pc etc

Anything that I buy if it did have some basic problem from day 1 like say a watch that lost 10 minutes a day, a washing machine that leaked water or couldn't spin, a car that wouldn't start, a pc that just hung I would return it and expect a refund

With technology and gadgets I always expect they are not going to last, they will eventually break down, become too old to keep up or in the case of cars end up on the scrap heap! When I was a child there was always a man that fixed your things (fridge repair man, TV repair man, washing machine man etc) they don't seem to be around much anymore? It just seems we buy a new one every 5 years or so.

Can't really say I've ever been an early adopter of anything really but to me "the Samsung upgrade scheme" was such a good deal it was hard to resist

If I'd have known that this new phone was going to have such a huge problem (for me because I do tend to use it for phone calls quite a lot) I would have kept the S8+ for at least another year. I have raved on about the S8+ phone from the day I got it to anyone who listened because it was such a perfect thing.

I have told people, so many people, what an amazing deal the upgrade scheme was

1. Get a new phone every year and send the old one back (don't have to bother trying to sell it)

2. Only pay for 1 year so only pay for half of it all the time

3. With my 40gb data unlimited text and calls for £15 a month on Virgin it works out at £47 a month it's a brilliant deal

4. Always have a new phone so it's not going to be out of date, not got enough processing power to play the latest games etc. And never be too old it slows down. 

I would definitely say with 100% confidence that this is the first mobile phone I've ever owned that couldn't make phone calls out of the box.

When I've been talking about it to friends and people I meet my conversation so far has been about the failure of this phone, wishing I'd have kept the S8+, maybe the upgrade scheme is not such a good idea if new Samsung phones are going to not work properly out of the box

And going through the process of returning 3 phones, the endless mess of waiting for someone to answer whilst listening to that Samsung stuff over and over (longest wait over an hour) 

To be advised to send a brand new phone for repair, to be speaking to tech support who know nothing about the problem after so many have been sent out numerous replacements, to be making YouTube videos about my frustrations etc it truly so far has been a bit of a nightmare I'm afraid

Voyager

Don't worry Charles, the issue is fixed...i have made to many calls in the past 2 days..no silence...better sound quality...no issues whatsoever....cheers mate!and send me a hi on facebook haha

Div jyot Singh

Top Liked Authors