Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Apprentice

My suggestion to Samsung to finish this discussion is giving a gift to people joined this topic.  Come on Samsung, show us how big you are .

Voyager
Apart from all these controversies, have you installed the update for the UK? The problem has been solved?
Do you still hear silences during calls?
First Poster

Glad I'm not crazy! Didn't pre order mine, got it from CPW and getting sick of the calls dropping out and the internet not connecting. Hoping it gets sorted soon

Explorer

@tf2006 wrote:

If you put a complete computer network in for a client you, test all the basics. If the users can't login the next day, that is a basic function and should never happen. If it does, then I have failed in my job and my responsibilty to my customer.

A phone should make phone calls. 

That is a basic function.

If it doesn't work they have failed in their responsibilities.

If you're installing completely new tech and I am expecting it to go in without a hiccup then I would be being naive.

Again, I will iterate it for the hundredth time because you lot aren't understanding .. This is a big issue, agreed, but you are to expect this sort of things brand new devices.  Yes, it's perfectly alright to be upset and annoyed, but to act like this stuff shouldn't ever happen is a being a little extravagant.

Apprentice

@Segar wrote:
Apart from all these controversies, have you installed the update for the UK? The problem has been solved?
Do you still hear silences during calls?

Still haven't got the update, sim free s9+ on 3 and been checking hourly since first reports came in of a UK release  

Explorer

Zee I do agree with your points.

My question to you: is it to be expected to be lied to and decived and treated like an ***** by Samsung for nearly 2 months in my case? Should I write MUG on my forehead and mange my expectations about being told there isn't a problem with my phone when there are thousands of people world wide with the issue?  

Navigator

No.......you're not understanding. Us lot, as you put it, are understanding.

It is unacceptable for a basic function of a device not to work. Simple. 

This function should have been tested to the nth degree. 

Yes some will fail due to production issues. Acceptable.

But for the vast number to fail a basic call is not. 

Highlighted
Navigator

As my customer you'd have every right to expect to be able to perform your job after an install.

If you couldn't, then I would be disgusted with myself more than you could be. I'd expect my reputation to take a hit. 

As I said, basic tests and burn tests should always be done. If I cut corners I expect to suffer the consequences. The suppliers expectations should always exceed the customers. It's their job!

Explorer

Spoken like a true samsung plant. Can't believe you have such low expectations after spending so much money on a phone that cannot make calls.

The point about other companies. Well any issues apple has with their phones their customers can go to any number of thousands of apple stores.... samsung on the other hand has a handful of stores which in the UK are franchised stores and not linked to anything samsung related... so having the stores is pointless. So the point about apple is not correct. Plus apple have much more customer service staff than samsung.. so can deal with issues quicker and in a timely manner.

The reason that samsung are not saying anything is due to the fact they are still advertising the hell out of the phone so they can con more people into buying it.

Tech websites have been slow to report, but an Israeli company has filled a law suit against them..... so things are happening.

Quite why you seem so happy with a faulty product I am not sure about. I would not mind if it was a cheap phone but it is not, and the basic function should work.

Explorer

Spoken like a true samsung plant. Can't believe you have such low expectations after spending so much money on a phone that cannot make calls.

The point about other companies. Well any issues apple has with their phones their customers can go to any number of thousands of apple stores.... samsung on the other hand has a handful of stores which in the UK are franchised stores and not linked to anything samsung related... so having the stores is pointless. So the point about apple is not correct. Plus apple have much more customer service staff than samsung.. so can deal with issues quicker and in a timely manner.

The reason that samsung are not saying anything is due to the fact they are still advertising the hell out of the phone so they can con more people into buying it.

Tech websites have been slow to report, but an Israeli company has filled a law suit against them..... so things are happening.

Quite why you seem so happy with a faulty product I am not sure about. I would not mind if it was a cheap phone but it is not, and the basic function should work.

Top Liked Authors