Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Navigator

Yes mate. Got it this morning on my S9 Plus Dual SIM on 3

Explorer

@Ladsoc wrote:

I reiterate,

Its the attitude of Samsung. I had different departments saying completely different things, giving me the run around. And I'm suppose to be a valued loyal customer? 

Zee54 why are you saying all those things? Why aren't we hearing it from Samsung themselves, explaining that teething problems with flagship phones are normal?

Because to them, this is just a small problem, 1 in probably a million they have to deal with. The S9 isn't their only product, believe it or not, nor is it their sole attention, they do make other products and they do have other customers.  And many of their staff probably don't know about the problem because they may not have come across it.

It's a huge deal for us because it's our only or main product and it's impacting us the most. Hence why we are so annoyed.

I'm not saying that it's okay, nor that we should accept it, all that I'm saying is that this is normal and it happens with also all tech that's first to come off the batch line.  We should all know and accept these risks when pre-ordering phones. If you don't accept them then don't pre-order.

Plus appreciate the fact that Samsung have, apparently, fixed it or are at least trying to fix it. It it wasn't being fixed or is they weren't doing anything about it, then yes, be pissed and rightly so. But they are.

I bought FFXV on the PS4 last year and for some reason on my console it had all these graphical glitches and patches, making the game highly annoying to play. No matter how much I complained SquareEnix did nothing about it, they didn't acknowledge the problem, nor did they fix it. Other people had the same problem too. But nothing was done.  THAT I was pissed about. I had to play the entire game with glitches.

People on here just have unrealistic expectations.

Voyager

I don't understand why people are being offended for us being angry on the fact that a phone couldn't make calls..for god's sake this isa a *****ship..yes every phone gets its own sort of issues but this was an issue with the basic functionality of a phone..that is to make calls...it's not about samsung, apple or any other brands..its about a 1350 dollar phone that can't  make calls..and its about the attitude of Samsung who never cared for 50 days, to tell the affected customers that they were working on it...a big no as customer to this sort of behavior 

Navigator

I don't know. But apparently it's ok to ask people to sign a petition about Samsung phones not being able to make a call on Sunday, but then call people that are unhappy about not being able to make calls stupidly naive on Friday!

Navigator

At the end of the day it is up to each person to feel if they have been happy with the service or not. I just hope that the fix for this issue continues to be released as fast as possible and that within days all the users posting on here can at least make a phone call in peace!

Good luck people.

Explorer

Nobody is telling you not to be upset. I'm simply telling you that it is to be expected. You all act like this sort of thing never happened before. Be upset, yes, but also manage your expectations a little better. No device is going to be flawless out the box, no matter how much you pay for it.

Explorer

@Ladsoc wrote:

I reiterate,

Its the attitude of Samsung. I had different departments saying completely different things, giving me the run around. And I'm suppose to be a valued loyal customer? 

Zee54 why are you saying all those things? Why aren't we hearing it from Samsung themselves, explaining that teething problems with flagship phones are normal?

Because to them, this is just a small problem, 1 in probably a million they have to deal with. The S9 isn't their only product, believe it or not, nor is it their sole attention, they do make other products and they do have other customers.  And many of their staff probably don't know about the problem because they may not have come across it.

It's a huge deal for us because it's our only or main product and it's impacting us the most. Hence why we are so annoyed.

I'm not saying that it's okay, or that we should accept it, all that I'm saying is that this is normal and it happens with also all tech that's first to come off the batch line.  We should all know and accept these risks when pre-ordering phones. If you don't accept them then don't pre-order.

Plus appreciate the fact that Samsung have, apparently, fixed it or are at least trying to fix it. It it wasn't being fixed or is they weren't doing anything about it, then yes, be pissed and rightly so. But they are.

Apprentice

@zee54 wrote:

@Ladsoc wrote:

I reiterate,

I'm not saying that it's okay, or that we should accept it, all that I'm saying is that this is normal and it happens with also all tech that's first to come off the batch line.  We should all know and accept these risks when pre-ordering phones. If you don't accept them then don't pre-order.

It is not unrealistic to expect a £900 phone to make calls, it would be unrealistic to expect it to do a little tap dance, but calls no, not at all.

Right now a piece of string and 2 tin cans can give me a longer conversation than my S9+ and that is not right, early adopter or not. I certainly didn't get a discount for being a beta tester so why should I cut Samsung any slack?

Highlighted
Explorer

@rick_x wrote:

@zee54 wrote:

@Ladsoc wrote:

I reiterate,

It is not unrealistic to expect a £900 phone to make calls, it would be unrealistic to expect it to do a little tap dance, but calls no, not at all.

Right now a piece of string and 2 tin cans can give me a longer conversation than my S9+ and that is not right, early adopter or not. I certainly didn't get a discount for being a beta tester so why should I cut Samsung any slack?

Is it realistic to expect a brand new phone, crammed full of electronics and features and brand new tech, that is hot off the construction line, first batch to go out, to be completely flawless?

Navigator

If you put a complete computer network in for a client you, test all the basics. If the users can't login the next day, that is a basic function and should never happen. If it does, then I have failed in my job and my responsibilty to my customer.

A phone should make phone calls. 

That is a basic function.

If it doesn't work they have failed in their responsibilities.

Top Liked Authors