Support

Open search

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

Highlighted
Apprentice

I sold my s9+ and got Iphone X , i cant find anyth wrong with it? Its a perfect smartphone . Beta phones huh? Shamsung . 

Apprentice

Plus I lost around 250$ for the trade in deal to get the iphone X , only because samsung employees did not Know about the issue and kept saying that the phone is working 100% , this is why I will always advice people to stay away from any Samsung product , employees know nothing about anything 

forgive me guys but am totally pissed off . 

Navigator

Apple is a step too far for me, no matter how annoyed with Samsung I am!

But Huawei or one of the other Android suppliers is a definite possibility for me. 

Voyager

I agree with y'all

Hello! It's a...er? PHONE!!!!

The first thing it should do is make phonecalls especially for business 

The silence from Samsung shop and tech support infuriating!  the keeping sending for replacements...a joke

No update on Virgin yet?

Explorer

@Abd985 wrote:

Plus I lost around 250$ for the trade in deal to get the iphone X , only because samsung employees did not Know about the issue and kept saying that the phone is working 100% , this is why I will always advice people to stay away from any Samsung product , employees know nothing about anything 

forgive me guys but am totally pissed off . 

Firstly, the iPhone X had been out for ages now, of course it'll have all the early release bugs fixed by now ... But it too had many problems of its own 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.macworld.co.uk/news/iphone/iphone-x-problems-3639808/%3famp

So let's not get overly happy with yourself, that you spent a further $250 for an inferior phone.

Secondly, "you will always advise people to stay away from Samsung" ... Always?? ..  Didn't you just buy an S9+? .. You people are so fickle.

People in here obviously have no idea how tech or development works. Do you honestly think they made a phone that couldn't handle phone calls? In fact the foundation of the phone is identical to the S8, so many of these problems shouldn't be there if they weren't in the S8. It's just sometimes you tweak a few things, upgrade the firmware and no matter how much you test it, additional bugs will always arise once real users get their hands on it.  That's tech development 101. Why do you think so many products have patches released on day 1 or very early on. 

You guys have to accept that and stop being so stupidly naive and think it's only Samsung. Or don't buy phones on release, wait for the bugs to be ironed out.

And thirdly, what are you so posed at exactly?  I hope it's at yourself for being so uninformed on matters, or for being naive enough to believe that no new products have issues, or, and this is the stupidest one of all, for buying a Samsung product after you "always" advised people not to?

Explorer

I reiterate,

Its the attitude of Samsung. I had different departments saying completely different things, giving me the run around. And I'm suppose to be a valued loyal customer? 

Zee54 why are you saying all those things? Why aren't we hearing it from Samsung themselves, explaining that teething problems with flagship phones are normal?

Navigator

Really? Is it " stupidly naive " to expect a £869 phone to make a phones call? 

Sorry  I disagree 

Explorer

@Ladsoc wrote:

I reiterate,

Its the attitude of Samsung. I had different departments saying completely different things, giving me the run around. And I'm suppose to be a valued loyal customer? 

Zee54 why are you saying all those things? Why aren't we hearing it from Samsung themselves, explaining that teething problems with flagship phones are normal?

Because to them, this is just a small problem, 1 in probably a million they have to deal with. The S9 isn't their only product, believe it or not, nor is it their sole attention, they do make other products and they do have other customers.  And many of their staff probably don't know about the problem because they may not have come across it.

It's a huge deal for us because it's our only or main product and it's impacting us the most. Hence why we are so annoyed.

I'm not saying that it's okay, or that we should accept it, all that I'm saying is that this is normal and it happens with also all tech that's first to come off the batch line.  We should all know and accept these risks when pre-ordering phones. If you don't accept them then don't pre-order.

Plus appreciate the fact that Samsung have, apparently, fixed it or are at least trying to fix it. It it wasn't being fixed or is they weren't doing anything about it, then yes, be pissed and rightly so. But they are.

I bought FFXV on the PS4 last year and for some reason on my console it had all these graphical glitches and patches, making the game highly annoying to play. No matter how much I complained SquareEnix did nothing about it, they didn't acknowledge the problem, nor did they fix it. Other people had the same problem too. But nothing was done.  THAT I was pissed about. I had to play the entire game with glitches.

People on here just have unrealistic expectations.

Explorer

@Ladsoc wrote:

I reiterate,

Because to them, this is just a small problem, 1 in probably a million they have to deal with. The S9 isn't their only product, believe it or not, nor is it their sole attention, they do make other products and they do have other customers.  And many of their staff probably don't know about the problem because they may not have come across it.

It's a huge deal for us because it's our only or main product and it's impacting us the most. Hence why we are so annoyed.

I'm not saying that it's okay, nor that we should accept it, all that I'm saying is that this is normal and it happens with also all tech that's first to come off the batch line.  We should all know and accept these risks when pre-ordering phones. If you don't accept them then don't pre-order.

Plus appreciate the fact that Samsung have, apparently, fixed it or are at least trying to fix it. It it wasn't being fixed or is they weren't doing anything about it, then yes, be pissed and rightly so. But they are.

I bought FFXV on the PS4 last year and for some reason on my console it had all these graphical glitches and patches, making the game highly annoying to play. No matter how much I complained SquareEnix did nothing about it, they didn't acknowledge the problem, nor did they fix it. Other people had the same problem too. But nothing was done.  THAT I was pissed about. I had to play the entire game with glitches.

People on here just have unrealistic expectations.

Apprentice

Anyone on 3 with a sim free s9 + gotten the update, all my calls drop now and I can't make even a 5 min call without silence. Tried smartswitch but it's broken on osx

Top Liked Authors